WTB: Vandersteen Quatro Speakers

sbrtoy

Re: WTB: Vandersteen Quatro Speakers
« Reply #40 on: 7 Nov 2008, 04:06 am »
Dealer territories are nearing extinction, there are too many options, outlets, and products for it to hang on...many people complain about the demise of the brick and mortar dealers but lets face it, it didn't happen overnight and it is due to consumer preferences changing....the market dictates this not the manufacturer, it is incredibly arrogant for one to think they can.

Maybe it is just because I am 33...many of the senior dogs in the pack might see things differently but to me success in business is about adaptation.

JP78

« Reply #41 on: 7 Nov 2008, 05:32 am »
perhaps not in audiophilia, but in the a/v world, there are still *very* strong retail boundries.

where i work, we regularly do very high level integration and theater designs all over the country...continent even.  i know for every new project, the boss has to call whatever premium manufacturers we're including in the project to obtain clearance for the area.  there are shipping logistics, royalties to share, service and support agreements from the local retailer/integrator, and warranty and service clarifications as a result.  there's a whole lot of conference calling, and a whole lot more paperwork ;). every once in while, if the local retailer is a really big dog, we're not allowed to offer a particular product and have to either substitute or simply let the local retailer supply the components. i often share my programming and project notes with the local retailer, and we work closely with them and contract them out local service.

while both the territorial and remote retailer have to share a bit of the profits, at the end of the day the integrity of the brand is maintained and the consumer is guaranteed top-flight support in the event of questions, troubleshooting, and local support.

it's understandable a manufacturer wants to protect the retailers that have worked so hard to build and represent the brand name properly, though i think sbrtoy hit the nail on the head: the rules of economy apply here in that a manufacturer must constantly be ever-evolving to meet the needs of both the retailer and consumer.

mr_bill

« Reply #42 on: 7 Nov 2008, 02:27 pm »
Mr. Bill,

His post here was "Looking for a Mint pair of Vandersteen Quattros".  Does that sound like he was really buying new? 

Oh yeah, I forgot about the title of the post.
Sorry I judged everyone for judging the OP, I see how you made the conclusion.
I just hate to see someone wrongly accused.

Group Hug.