FS: nOrh mini 9.0 - like you've never heard!

aggielaw

FS: nOrh mini 9.0 - like you've never heard!
« on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:47 am »
With much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I'm selling my beloved nOrh mini 9.0's.  These are black in color.  They have the Murphy redesigned crossover, and I commissioned Jim Salk to build the XO's with some of the best parts on the planet: Mundorf Silver/Oil caps, Alphacore inductors, and so forth.  These speakers sound AMAZING.

There are two flaws.  First, one of the cabinets has some of the surface paint and composite material missing.  My wife, when she was pregnant a couple years ago, knocked this speaker off its 24" stand, onto a plant pot about 12" below.  It broke the pot, but only put a gash in the speaker cabinet.  A replacement cabinet from nORh would be $250 shipped.  It is not deep enough to affect the sound in any way, but if you're looking at the speaker from the top it's a very obvious flaw.

Second, the rubber around one of the woofers has a small tear on it.  Note this is on the rubber, not the cone.  I don't know when or how this happened.  When Steve Rothermel (Ridge Street Audio) was here a few weeks ago he inspected my speakers and found the flaw.  He conjectured that the screw holding the woofer in had damaged the rubber.  He also commented that it did not appear to affect the sound in any way.  I can say that I've listened to there speakers on a routine basis for the last couple years, and I haven't heard any difference in their quality - and I know the tear on the rubber was not there when I started listening to the speakers.

The XO's on these cost me $750, and the speakers new were $1500.  I will sell for $1k plus shipping (which will be in their original boxes.)  I will eat the paypal fees.

Pictures available tomorrow upon request.  Thanks for looking!