"Can vinyl records be made in an environmentally friendly way?" BBC News.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
" Follow the money"the one thing that trumps "science". Gore made $24 million on his first movie, now he's back selling more fear.
Do you know how many coal burning plants one eastern country has built since that movie?
facts out weight "science" in this world of greed.

Lets not forget Kerry. For millions of years the Earth has had cooling and heating cycles. That is what I learned in School.
   Back to vinyl. Not a concern IMHO.

charles

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
+1. Dobson said yet more.
He study atmopheric ozone 40 years.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King

Why cannot it be questioned ? Is that what Science is all about ? I do not have to prove shit. It is my take on the matter.

your buddy charles

Let start by clarifying a point.  You are not my buddy- we know from our PM interactions that we really don't like each other.  You have next to no concept how science works.  You certainly don't have to prove shit, but that's not what you are here to do.  Legitimate scientist in the fieldwill disagree on details, but when you begin to get a 95+ % consensus, amateurs saying " but what about this" is just noise. 

S Clark

... double post.   

S Clark

+1. Dobson said yet more.
He study atmopheric ozone 40 years.
Ozone is a very different problem than warming.  These are two different things.

adminRH

• Admin
Let’s not allow this topic devolve into politics.

Global warming, climate change, Kerry, Gore. NO

Please reread the topic subject before posting. Thank you.

S Clark

No problem.  Vinyl takes carbon out of the carbon cycle and keeps it out of the atmosphere for a while.  That's a good thing. 

newzooreview

No problem.  Vinyl takes carbon out of the carbon cycle and keeps it out of the atmosphere for a while.  That's a good thing.

The carbon in vinyl was already sequestered from the atmosphere 252 to 66 million years ago in the Mesozoic when 70% of oil-forming dead things accumulated.

"Polyvinyl Chloride or Vinyl compound is chiefly made from two basic substances – Salt and Crude Oil." https://www.whatisvinyl.com/

However, we would need oil to power modern civilization regardless of its use in vinyl production, and ~99% of vinyl is used for things other than making LPs.

So the expense of shifting to something else for making LPs would not have any newsworthy environmental benefit.

rollo

• Industry Participant
Let start by clarifying a point.  You are not my buddy- we know from our PM interactions that we really don't like each other.  You have next to no concept how science works.  You certainly don't have to prove shit, but that's not what you are here to do.  Legitimate scientist in the fieldwill disagree on details, but when you begin to get a 95+ % consensus, amateurs saying " but what about this" is just noise.

I have an opinion which I believe is allowed in a free world. I am here for no reason other than voicing my opinion. I am not alone. Canceling me or putting me down only proves my point about you. There are other opinions than yours. Live with it.

charles

S Clark

You absolutely have the right to be wrong in a field where you have no expertise.

Oh well, I spin vinyl and am likely to continue.  I doubt if it hurts the environment

rollo

• Industry Participant
  The ultimate authority has spoken  :lol: :duh:Done here.

charles

rollo

• Industry Participant
  From now on I will plant a Hemp plant for every LP I buy.

charles