What other Amps have you compared with your Odyssey?

Wolfman

Re: What other Amps have you compared with your Odyssey?
« Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2007, 02:41 am »
Okay MarkC,
Let me try another approach. You seem like a decent guy standing up for what you see as right. What apparently you haven't done,is read the entire thread,or gone back to the amp sale thread which is part of this,or read many of mclsounds' post here on the entire Odyssey Board,which are another part of this.

In case you can't discern the bent of the previous multiple posts here,mclsound has lost all credibility due to the way he's (in several people's opinions) disrespected Klaus and the A.C. in general by his apparent sales tactics and posts here. No one cares at this point to communicate privately,as he decided to do his work publicly.

Why you continue to try to make something out of nothing that doesn't even remotely involve you is beyond me. Are just bored tonight and feel like picking an internet fight? You haven't made one reference to the overriding topic that started the backlash.
What's your damage?
You're the guy who was walking down the hallway and spotted a few people having an argument. Without hearing or being aware of any of the preceding points,you then decide to interject yourself,louder and louder,not once making the effort to find out what's really going on. Noise for noise sake,only.

Either do your research to find out what's really going on here,or go away. At least I was man enough to apologize to the two guys I called out in the sale thread,when I did the same thing you're doing here. :nono:

markC

« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2007, 02:54 am »
I have read the entire post, but have not done the back search.
Your analogy of the hallway fight seems fitting, but your aggressive wordage does not.
I'm not a child for you to scold.

Bigfish

« Reply #22 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:23 am »
What other Amps have you compared with your Odyssey?  None Yet but should I stay in this hobby for a few years I am sure I will want to experiment with something else.  I remember talking with Klaus several times back in March before I purchased the Mono SEs and Candela.  He told me it would be very difficult, to impossible to find better or more musical amps, for the money, than what he could build for me.  Klaus did not try to sell me his most expensive amps, I wanted them because knowing myself I would be soon sending back smaller amps to be upgraded.  Also, Klaus never told me that his Odyssey amps are the best amps in the market as he referenced that distinction for the Symphonic Line which are much more expensive. 

I think most of us that have purchased from Klaus are pretty satisfied with the performance of the products and are extremely happy with the service/support we know he will provide.  He has certiainly done right by me!  By the way if you review previous posts you will see that the person who earlier in this thread raved about Brystons orginally called his Mono SEs "Krell Killers" and a few posts later called them "Bryston Killers."  Enough said!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken

Wolfman

« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:37 am »
Bigfish,
X2

lazydays

« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2007, 08:29 pm »
What other Amps have you compared with your Odyssey?  None Yet but should I stay in this hobby for a few years I am sure I will want to experiment with something else.  I remember talking with Klaus several times back in March before I purchased the Mono SEs and Candela.  He told me it would be very difficult, to impossible to find better or more musical amps, for the money, than what he could build for me.  Klaus did not try to sell me his most expensive amps, I wanted them because knowing myself I would be soon sending back smaller amps to be upgraded.  Also, Klaus never told me that his Odyssey amps are the best amps in the market as he referenced that distinction for the Symphonic Line which are much more expensive. 

I think most of us that have purchased from Klaus are pretty satisfied with the performance of the products and are extremely happy with the service/support we know he will provide.  He has certiainly done right by me!  By the way if you review previous posts you will see that the person who earlier in this thread raved about Brystons orginally called his Mono SEs "Krell Killers" and a few posts later called them "Bryston Killers."  Enough said!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken

If you are refering to my post, I never said they were Bryston killers, but did say they'd flat smoke the biggest monos that Krell builds. I know this to be a fact as I and others have heard the difference. Now back to the Bryston amps; there's no question in my mind that the Mono SE's would also do a job on them as well. I've heard the PS Audios recently, and once again I felt it was a no contest.
    Still I always look at them with an open ear, and the only thing I might consider an up grade to would be the biggest Conrad Johnsons or VTL's. And that's not gonna happen in my lifetime.
gary

Bigfish

« Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2007, 10:23 pm »

Ken

If you are refering to my post, I never said they were Bryston killers, but did say they'd flat smoke the biggest monos that Krell builds. I know this to be a fact as I and others have heard the difference. Now back to the Bryston amps; there's no question in my mind that the Mono SE's would also do a job on them as well. I've heard the PS Audios recently, and once again I felt it was a no contest.
    Still I always look at them with an open ear, and the only thing I might consider an up grade to would be the biggest Conrad Johnsons or VTL's. And that's not gonna happen in my lifetime.
gary

Gary:

My last comments were of posts made by MCLSound when he first obtained his Mono SEs a few months ago.  I should have more precise.  Sorry!

Ken

mclsound

« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2007, 12:24 am »
Klaus is a good person,i sold 5 Odyssey amps,cannot afford the boarder and shipping costs for their breakdowns,but in USA no boader,in Canada there are no boarders with bryston,so i have ONE amp,i will be in Sratford General on Nov.19,i did not mean to cause this much heartach,i replyed to a subject ........
mr. wolf,leave Mark alone,you gotta problem call me,we can talk.

john

Wolfman

« Reply #27 on: 12 Oct 2007, 12:13 am »
Mclsound,
Mark and I can handle our affairs without your "help".

I don't know all the facts here,but in the very least,you handled this very clumsily.

At this point of time,I have no interest in talking to you. Maybe in the future,we'll see. If you truly are going into the Hospital,then good luck with that.
Kirby

mclsound

« Reply #28 on: 12 Oct 2007, 11:44 pm »
thank you sir.

flintstone

« Reply #29 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:50 am »
It's very hard to compare amps unless both are used within their comfort range. You would not get a true reading if you campaired a SET against a Krell using a (99-100db) horn system...or...one ohm Apogee Scintillas.

The Krell would win with the Apogees, and the SET amp with the horns...tells you nothing at all.

All amps have a comfort zone (power range where they sound best)...Keep them in it,  and they sound a lot, a like...ie...good SS amps sound equally good....ditto tubes.

I've had Krells, I now have tubes...both were "VERY" good at what they did...and that is: What I needed

The preamp makes a bigger difference....all things being...amp equal (comfort zone)

Most of an amps sound (probably...80%) is power supply related.

Dave

loki1957

« Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2008, 05:22 pm »
I got my Mono extremes back from Klaus about 3 weeks ago. He took them as far as he can. They are totally better amps to my ear. I've had nothing but tube amps for the past 12 years. After spending a lot of time with Odysseys' over the past 3 weeks I've decided to sell all my tube amps. I'm selling a pair of Jadis JA200s', Jadis JA30s', Jadis Defy7 mk4. Now you may or may not like the Jadis products but I have never heard an amp better than the 200s'. That's how good the up dated monos are.

laserboi

« Reply #31 on: 1 May 2008, 03:12 am »
I started with an Outlaw Audio RR2150 Stereo receiver as the center of my stereo system.  I then after talking to a good friend and reading these boards up called the Great One, Klaus and ordered a Stratos Extreme SE with quatro wiring upgrade.  What I noticed first is that the difference isn't night and day.  The Outlaw really is a well built receiver and is in my opinion the best stereo receiver on the market.  The differences between the Stratos and the Outlaw include:  fuller sound at low listening levels, more realistic sounding drums, and a reduction in the brightness from my Mirage M-3si's.  I'm currently using the Outlaw as my preamp so it's sonic flare is still in the system and I will be going the candela route as soon as I move into a larger space. 

In the end, the customer service from Klaus is amazing.  I work in retail and it's nice to talk to someone(Klaus) who is incredibly personable, very funny, and extremely well-versed in everything that he does except maybe web design  :thumb:.  I love my Stratos and I can say that I am very happy about the purchase.   Thanks again Klaus!!

lazydays

« Reply #32 on: 3 May 2008, 02:38 am »
Anthem (forgot the model but claimed to have 200w/channel), Aragon 8008, SF tube amp.

I also can toss in an Anthem Amp 1. I heard little if any difference between it and the Sonic Frontiers amp except for the jingle of change in my pocket.
gary

lazydays

« Reply #33 on: 3 May 2008, 03:10 am »
you know after reading the posts on this board I sorta had to laugh (at myself as well)! I'd forgotten several other amps that I've fortunate (or maybe unfortunate) to listen to. The latest was a pair of MAC mono blocs that a local guy owns. They sucked. I liked my old Anthem amp better than those things. Also there was the BAT deal (well what little there was of it). In about two hours we managed to cook one amp and their preamp was just plain boring. Then there's one of Klaus' neighbors (Springmill Road Klaus) that uses a Boulder amp and preamp in one of the most elaborate systems I've yet to ever see (a studio system that even has a 24 track mixing board in it). I liked it, but not for the cash difference (it does do vocals as well as anything I've ever heard with keyboards to die for).
    Let me tell you some things about Klaus and "me." I kinda like the guy just for who he is. Strait up with no hype. I think he's the kinda guy that would do most anything for you if you were in a pinch (I stay that way most of the time). He's an analog guy (I read the color of his mind), and that's important to me. He understands the trials and tribulations of ill gotten experiments (here I am). He's a good advisor, and will steer you in the right direction if given the chance. He makes impressions on everybody that meets him. Klaus always knows my front door is open to him no matter what time of day (except when the leggy red head drops by). yet what most of us fail to know is that he's got a good backup cast as well. You can't beat Alex (we really speak the same language), and then there's Mike. Another guy we almost never hear about (cept he plays his music way way too loud for me). When we speak of Klaus, we really speak of the whole team.
gary

loki1957

« Reply #34 on: 3 May 2008, 12:14 pm »
I don't know Klaus all that well but from the phone conversations we've had I must agree with lazy days completely. I've met and got to know a lot of people in the audio world. Some are really stand up people and some were total shits. With Klauss' advise I will be getting a set of speakers, and possibly a Symphonic Line CDP. If I get the CDP then I'll have to get his preamp as right now my CDP and phono have volume control.

lazydays

« Reply #35 on: 4 May 2008, 02:46 am »
I don't know Klaus all that well but from the phone conversations we've had I must agree with lazy days completely. I've met and got to know a lot of people in the audio world. Some are really stand up people and some were total shits. With Klauss' advise I will be getting a set of speakers, and possibly a Symphonic Line CDP. If I get the CDP then I'll have to get his preamp as right now my CDP and phono have volume control.

you know when you get the CD player, you will be obligated to keep us inquiring minds updated about it!
gary

loki1957

« Reply #36 on: 4 May 2008, 02:38 pm »
Gary,
We should meet some time, if you live near Indy it's only about 5 hours away. May be we could get Klaus to come along.

loki1957

« Reply #37 on: 4 May 2008, 03:47 pm »

you know when you get the CD player, you will be obligated to keep us inquiring minds updated about it!
gary
[/quote]

The other thing I'd love to get is the Symphonic Line turn table. I don't know if it would be a whole lot better than my TNT but it sure looks cool. I guy can dream.

lazydays

« Reply #38 on: 6 May 2008, 05:45 am »
Gary,
We should meet some time, if you live near Indy it's only about 5 hours away. May be we could get Klaus to come along.

where are you located at? I'm about two minutes west of I-65 on the exit 99 interchange.
gary

loki1957

« Reply #39 on: 6 May 2008, 11:49 am »
Milwaukee,  WI