Isolation Footers on Spatial M3TM

SFDude

Re: Isolation Footers on Spatial M3TM
« Reply #40 on: 11 Oct 2018, 05:15 pm »
Because I slide my M3's out for most "in-room" listening, and back against the wall when not is use, I was interested in the larger Herbie's sliders...until I saw the price. I'm not saying they don't work, I'm just not shelling out $270+ for plastic and bolts.

Would floor gliders like these (https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Sliders-Gliders-Hardwood-Protectors/dp/B01N758Y4J) not work equally as well?

-dave

yakbob

« Reply #41 on: 11 Oct 2018, 06:21 pm »
Would floor gliders like these (https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Sliders-Gliders-Hardwood-Protectors/dp/B01N758Y4J) not work equally as well?

-dave

Possibly. However, they don't appear to mount via a mechanical connection or with adhesive. Since they're only held down by the weight of the object on top, they'll likely slide out from underneath the speaker's outriggers. The M3's don't weigh all that much. I could see the amazon units working better under something extremely heavy like a cabinet or full sized dresser.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #42 on: 11 Oct 2018, 11:33 pm »
herbies decoupler gliders are good I have an extra new pair of the small ones if you decide on them, will save you some money.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159827.msg1705977#msg1705977

CSI

« Reply #43 on: 30 Oct 2018, 11:21 pm »
herbies decoupler gliders are good I have an extra new pair of the small ones if you decide on them, will save you some money.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159827.msg1705977#msg1705977

I am using Herbie's threaded gliders on my M4's. The differences are a small but audible improvement in bass, increased ease in tilting the speaker back to the right angle, and a big improvement in ease of placement since I need to push them back against the wall when not listening. With the gliders they can be moved around pretty easily on carpet.

vw20015

« Reply #44 on: 13 Nov 2018, 12:51 pm »
Is anyone aware of an alternate thread size for spikes on M3TM? I picked up a used pair of the speakers and my 1/4-20 and M8 spikes are clearly too large for the threaded hole on the legs.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #45 on: 13 Nov 2018, 02:32 pm »
There is only one thread size for the M3 series:  1/4-20.

Get a 1/4-20 tap from the a hardware store and clear out the hole and you should be fine.

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

vw20015

« Reply #46 on: 13 Nov 2018, 06:12 pm »
Hello Clayton, thank you for that prompt reply! I'll do that. Cheers

ExileSt

« Reply #47 on: 10 Jan 2019, 01:05 am »
Anyone care to speculate on *how much* of an impact footers will have on reducing bass being transmitted through an apartment floor? 

I'm interested in their performance benefits for me, for sure ... but I'm even more interested in avoiding noise complaints from downstairs neighbors -- the risk of which is the only thing that is keeping me from buying a set of M3TS at the moment.

I moved to standmounts years ago in order to be a better neighbor, but they've never quite satisfied.  (The parade of of standmounts, I mean.  The neighbors are great.)

I know the best answer is "just move," and I'm honestly considering that as well.  But thought it was at least worth exploring the idea of having my cake and eating -- err, listening? -- it too.

ExileSt

« Reply #48 on: 1 Feb 2019, 03:36 pm »
Anyone care to speculate on *how much* of an impact footers will have on reducing bass being transmitted through an apartment floor? 

I'm interested in their performance benefits for me, for sure ... but I'm even more interested in avoiding noise complaints from downstairs neighbors -- the risk of which is the only thing that is keeping me from buying a set of M3TS at the moment.

I moved to standmounts years ago in order to be a better neighbor, but they've never quite satisfied.  (The parade of of standmounts, I mean.  The neighbors are great.)

I know the best answer is "just move," and I'm honestly considering that as well.  But thought it was at least worth exploring the idea of having my cake and eating -- err, listening? -- it too.

Screw it, I'm moving.

ric

« Reply #49 on: 1 Feb 2019, 04:31 pm »
You're probably right about moving. Short of headphones, you know how bass travels when there's some a-hole driving down the road blasting his sub.
You could try calling or emailing iso-acoustics, as they make great products and would know how much bass reduction would be involved with their products.
But, neighbors, will listen for ANY kind of sound, once they find it disagreeable, good luck!

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #50 on: 1 Feb 2019, 05:19 pm »
Screw it, I'm moving.

crutchfield has a 60 day return policy try the gias, what do you have to lose?

Flyin_V

« Reply #51 on: 1 Feb 2019, 06:21 pm »
I found these very effective at de coupling and improving bass quality. Very affordable and 45 day return. Ya can't loose.

https://www.svsound.com/collections/accessories/products/soundpath-subwoofer-isolation-system

paolocaminiti

« Reply #52 on: 1 Mar 2019, 06:58 pm »

May anyone explain what's the wire loop on the negative terminal?

undertowogt1

« Reply #53 on: 30 Jan 2020, 12:45 am »
Wondering if something like the link below would have any positive effects for my Spatial M3T S. They sit on a floating Vinyl Plank flooring system in my basement. I have been researching DIY / cheap ways to maximize isolation. Any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/LBG-Products-Anti-Vibration-Conditioner-Compressors/dp/B07KFZ1G6W/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=LBG+Products+Rubber+Anti-Vibration+Isolation&qid=1580344439&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R4TV4XD/?coliid=I1G6614UREJDZ9&colid=XDRNJ9WNZ3WG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Don_S

« Reply #54 on: 30 Jan 2020, 01:16 am »
Some devices like IsoAcoustics are designed to work with forward and backward movement. I am not sure how the "blue oreo" design pads work for that. I put a set under my clothes dryer and it quieted the noise and protected my tile floor. I left them there.

I put a set under my front-loading washing machine and it made it vibrate severely and try to run off the rails during the spin cycle. I could not remove them fast enough.  :nono:

ric

« Reply #55 on: 30 Jan 2020, 02:27 pm »
For myself, after a lot of DIY which includes hardwoods, brass, brass balls, some magnets, oak platforms, Barry Controls vibration control (look them up) and then finally trying Herbies products, and then IsoAcoustics, I've come to the conclusion that while DIY can be fun, it just is not as fruitful as what the experts offer. When you add up the money spent on DIY experiments, at this point I think it's better to bite the bullet and get IsoAcoustics. Rubber pads will not cut it.
Ric Shultz offers some tweak suggestions and he knows what he's talking about. (IMO)
Have fun!

undertowogt1

« Reply #56 on: 30 Jan 2020, 02:33 pm »
For myself, after a lot of DIY which includes hardwoods, brass, brass balls, some magnets, oak platforms, Barry Controls vibration control (look them up) and then finally trying Herbies products, and then IsoAcoustics, I've come to the conclusion that while DIY can be fun, it just is not as fruitful as what the experts offer. When you add up the money spent on DIY experiments, at this point I think it's better to bite the bullet and get IsoAcoustics. Rubber pads will not cut it.
Ric Shultz offers some tweak suggestions and he knows what he's talking about. (IMO)
Have fun!

yeah true if it doesn't work then there is not point. thanks for the advise.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #57 on: 30 Jan 2020, 04:10 pm »

May anyone explain what's the wire loop on the negative terminal?

Sorry for the late response. Those are ground loops.

And yes, this DIY venture (the isolation risers) was well worth the time and effort as none of the experts have produced anything like it. Like any self appointed expert I could market them, but I won't.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #58 on: 30 Jan 2020, 04:14 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that while DIY can be fun, it just is not as fruitful as what the experts offer.

So what about those very expensive crossover mods?  :popcorn:

ric

« Reply #59 on: 31 Jan 2020, 02:16 pm »
Sounding great, no regrets! If you wanna get your feet wet, I would suggest replacing the resistor with Path Audio from Hifi Collective. Good luck!