Headphone section break-in?

hawkeye99

Headphone section break-in?
« on: 26 Dec 2018, 09:13 pm »
I have a Bryston BP-6 preamp which I've owned for years and is well broken in. But I've just recently began using the headphone jack when I bought a pair of used Sennheiser HD600's. I'm at least the 3rd owner of these cans so I'm assuming they're well broken in. I wasn't all that impressed when I first plugged them in but I find they've really improved as I've put some hours on them. So is it possible that there would be a break in period for a headphone jack that has never been used. Just curious.
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2018, 02:30 pm by hawkeye99 »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Headphone jack break-in?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2018, 09:46 pm »
Hi Hawkeye

I can not see the headphone section breaking in unless there was some corrosion on the contact area and by plugging and unplugging the connection it was wiped cleaner?

Or maybe the headphones had not been used in a log time and the transducers need some lousing up?

Or maybe it was you who needed the break-in -  :lol:

james

hawkeye99

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2018, 09:59 pm »
Hi Hawkeye

Or maybe it was you who needed the break-in -  :lol:

james

Yes. That has crossed my mind. :)

hawkeye99

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2018, 03:43 pm »
I couldn't read schematics if my life depended on it but would the audio signal go through circuits that had not been used before when using the headphone section for the first time?  :dunno:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2018, 03:53 pm »
I couldn't read schematics if my life depended on it but would the audio signal go through circuits that had not been used before when using the headphone section for the first time?  :dunno:

Email Mike and ask. I believe the headphone circuit is a tap off the Class A preamp circuit

mpickett@bryston.com

james