UPDATE on the CD

infiniti driver

UPDATE on the CD
« on: 14 Apr 2004, 02:03 am »
Hello everyone. As I promised, I will be ready to ship out the CD's to owners of SP products with the shipping date no later than 4-24-04. I finally have clearence for the productions as their are several groups amd littlerally hundreds of people involved in this CD.

The CD will be available to anyone else as well . I wanted to offer this CD to a vendor for CES of 2004 which is an aquaintance of mine but too many legalities stood in the way. That said, it is now on the open and available listing through my record company. I just had to basically "buy out" the rights to reproduction in small quanities is all.

If folks that have SP products would kindly PM or email their receiving address, I will get this out in earnest. Reefus, you get one too...because the material on this one is more diverse than the one I gave you and it is a certain "test" of your set-ups.

For correspondence via email, use audiowkstation@msn.com and in the subject line please put your first name or moniker and EVAL CD1 request.

I will then gather up everyones free product and ship it out in earnest.

To those who want to purchase, kindly put in the subject line PURCHASE EVAL CD1 and I will reply with the conditions. Some of the funds from this purchase will go to SP TECH and to audiocircles.com

I also will provide product in the future to be issued through other means if you like this (shameless plug) If in your email, you desire other issues, just correspond with me and the links will be provided.

I have not worked out an agreement for either but lets look at a substantial amount of it will go toward a donation to both.

Cheers,

ID (you will get my info upon the email)

reefrus

new cd !
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2004, 01:06 pm »
Can't wait for the new CD. I'll PM you for my shipping address! :bounce:

infiniti driver

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2004, 01:30 pm »
I got it reefus!

Thanks!

Like I said earlier, I will be shipping in about 8 to 10 days, the last post work is coming to a close, lots of listening and taking notes right now...final last stages..

Cheers

MaxCast

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2004, 07:50 pm »
Any info on the CD?  Haven't heard from Infinity driver in awhile????

reefrus

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2004, 10:38 pm »
Too bad that Infinity Driver won't be available for the time being due to personal matter. I got the CD before the HE show in NYC and played it on some of systems costing from $50,000 to 1/4 millions in 5 of the midtowm Manhatten audio salons and in the show. IMHO, it is reference quality even if the musical taste may not be your liking (mix of R&B, Celtic and Symphony) since it is a test cd.

One of the best sounding rooms that I liked at HE show was Ray Kimber who played his mastering tape using the Isomike device. And this CD is just as good if not better especially tracks 5 & 6, both of which are symphony music.  From frequency response to wide dynamic range, it is simply the most truthful through my TP2.0 and so lifelike in presentation  (of course, Inifniti Driver voiced this CD with TP 2.0)

All I can say is to get the full benefit from this cd, you really need to audition a pair of SP Tech speakers to really appreciate them both.

Marbles

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2004, 10:52 pm »
Wish I had received mine.....it's been a while since he acknowlaged receiving my $$.

Coincidently, Ray Kimber shipped me a CD for free and it took only 2 days from when I emailed him to when I got it.

Go figure  :?

ohenry

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #6 on: 1 Sep 2004, 12:32 pm »
All I can say is to get the full benefit from this cd, you really need to audition a pair of SP Tech speakers to really appreciate them both.

Maybe I will if I ever get the cd.   :P

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2004, 04:46 pm »
Sorry Folks,

It has come to my attention that there are now several of you that have paid for this CD and have not received it.  I would like to personally apologize to all of you and hope that this situation can be corrected.  At this time, I have not heard from infiniti driver for some months and have no idea how to contact him.  I would suspect that he has encountered some serious personal difficulties and finds himself in the unfortunate position of not being able to follow through with this commitment.

I will add that I did not solicit him to make this offer to all of you and I had no idea he was going to make the posting regarding the offer before seeing it myself here on AC.  Of course I welcomed his support and the gracious offering of the CD to everyone, but had I been the initiator of this offering, I would have secured some form of assurances that either the product would be delivered as stated or a refund would be provided.

Never the less, I feel this situation casts a negative shadow upon our company and feel prsonally responsable for finding a means to make amends.  I will do all I can to locate infiniti driver and attempt remediation.  If any of you affected would care to contact me via PM or e-mail at: engineering @4sptech.com  I will work with you to try and get either the CD or a refund for you.

Again, please accept my apology and rest assured that I am probably more upset than you are about this whole matter.  Due to previous experience I was a bit apprehensive the moment I read the original posting, but did not want to embarrase infiniti publicly by asking him to withdraw the offer.  I am certain he had good intentions but I have learned that the path to Hell is paved with them...now we have Hell to pay.

-Bob

MaxCast

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #8 on: 1 Sep 2004, 06:48 pm »
Thanks for chiming in, Bob.  I for one don't think it was a scam as reefrus has a copy and I doubt it generated enough interest to get rich quick.  No ill feelings to SPTech here.

Reefrus, you seem to indicate ID has run into some personal matters.  If you know for sure and can comment as to ID's future intentions regarding the CD you could put some minds at ease for awhile.

Thanks,

reefrus

UPDATE on the CD
« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2004, 02:37 am »
I don't know how many people didn't receive the CD but I did in fact get mine.  I haven't spoken to ID for at least two months, and like Bob, I think there must be some serious difficulties going on because he is a man of his word.  I'm in St. Pete, FL right now (west coast but right on the water!) so for now we're just weather watching to see where this crazy hurricane will land.  Some vacation!!    8)