Pez

Re: RMAF 2012 Day 2 - Tyson and Pez Coverage LIVE
« Reply #120 on: 17 Oct 2012, 03:33 pm »

WIIIILLLLSOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #121 on: 17 Oct 2012, 04:16 pm »
jhm,

Given Pez's "line in the sand" I am sending you a PM. I assure you I have no chip on my shoulder or bias for or against any manufacturer of audio gear. Like Pez & Tyson in the great coverage, I just try to call em as I hear em. :) This was my 8th RMAF (I missed the first one). I keep coming back because I love music, love audio and, most importantly, I have met some really cool people and many of them have become friends.

Peace,

Laura

sts9fan

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #123 on: 17 Oct 2012, 04:46 pm »
Willlllsssoooonnnnn...

http://youtu.be/AfcWWv1Z-1k

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com

jhm731

« Reply #125 on: 18 Oct 2012, 06:58 am »
Enough Wilson talk. Any mention of Wilson below this line is automatically going to be deleted.

KMA!

david12

« Reply #126 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:33 am »
 I was going to add my 2 cents/peenyworth about the speakers which can not be named, but won't, in deference to Pez's wishes. All I will say, is the only speakers I have enjoyed and that a lot, are the cheapest, the Duetts.

To my main point, I use and love Daedalus DA-RMas and will continue to do so, but the coverage has peaked my interest in Vapor, as a possible change of pace. Is anyone prepared to compare and contrast the 2 rooms at RMAF, or even comment from prior exposure.
  Thanks David

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #127 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm »
KMA!

my condolences, jhm.

8)

doug s.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #128 on: 18 Oct 2012, 05:01 pm »
my condolences, jhm.

8)

doug s.

And not just jhm, my condolences go out to all who have had their feelings hurt from any negative based opinionated reviews,,, hope you all get well soon.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

reverendo

« Reply #129 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:28 pm »
Playback Designs
Puget Sound Studios
ATR Services, Inc.
Evolution Acoustics
Wave Kinetics
B.M.C. Audio

No cd olayer in this room running reel to reel. Very nice mellow sound and incredibly laid back. Excellent overall tonal balance and nothing jumps out as offensive in the least. I am way outside of the sweets pot but I am still thoroughly nipple joking of what I'm hearing. Though they have no room treatment the sound is still rather good. Of course we are not listening at ear bleeding levels. The speakers are appropriately sized for this room.

Tyson Notes[/u]

General Room Notes - First room of the 2nd day.  These are pretty sweet looking speakers!  Remind me quite a bit of the Sonus Faber styling, so…sexy.  But they have ceramic (metal?) drivers.  I almost always hate speakers with metal drivers.  LIstening to them from the reel to reel and they actually sound pretty good and I'm not running from the room screaming.  If that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is!  Speaking of ringing, these guys actually seem to not suffer from that particular problem too much.  I'm guessing that the small diameter of the driver helps with that. 

Oh, listenening to Shelby Lynn now instead of the previous swamp rock male vocals.  These things are hyper detailed and super transparent, one of the most transparent I've heard outside of stats.  But they suffer from a common problem for this type of speaker - too much power response in the presence region.  When she leans in hard on the vocals, it overloads the room and becomes hard/brittle and now, indeed, I am running out of the room.  Maybe Pez will let me borrow his earplugs....
these drivers aren't actually ceramic drivers. just for the record.

(Moderator edit: please DO NOT. Repost pictures. It pollutes the topic too much. Thank you.)
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2012, 01:55 pm by Pez »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #130 on: 19 Oct 2012, 11:07 am »
I'm surprised to hear that nobody has mentioned the horrible techno DJ rave like music on Saturday night in the atrium.  My head is still ringing (I sound old) as a bunch of us ate at The Lift.   :duh: :duh: :duh:

I really hope that's not part of the plan next year. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #131 on: 19 Oct 2012, 04:54 pm »
I'm surprised to hear that nobody has mentioned the horrible techno DJ rave like music on Saturday night in the atrium.  My head is still ringing (I sound old) as a bunch of us ate at The Lift.   :duh: :duh: :duh:

I really hope that's not part of the plan next year.

Got that right. What were they thinking.

charles

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #132 on: 19 Oct 2012, 04:55 pm »
No one mentioned it because all the cool kids were at Shanahan's 1 block away eating ridiculously good steak, wyagu beef, oysters on the half shell, red wine, and scotch.  BAM!  :D

pansixt

« Reply #133 on: 19 Oct 2012, 05:01 pm »
Tyson,
Sorry I missed that. :green: Was the check as high as it was last year at Shanahan's? :)
James

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #134 on: 19 Oct 2012, 05:02 pm »
No one mentioned it because all the cool kids were at Shanahan's 1 block away eating ridiculously good steak, wyagu beef, oysters on the half shell, red wine, and scotch.  BAM!  :D
Glad I wasn't there.   :P

pansixt

« Reply #135 on: 19 Oct 2012, 05:20 pm »
Jason,
They actually auctioned that volleyball WIIIILLLLSOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!, a couple of years ago, one could buy a very nice system for the highest bid :scratch:
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm by pansixt »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #136 on: 19 Oct 2012, 08:08 pm »
(Moderator edit: please DO NOT. Repost pictures. It pollutes the topic too much. Thank you.)
Why is this so difficult?  :duh: We've seen the pictures once, don't need a long string of them repeated in the same thread again.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #137 on: 19 Oct 2012, 08:15 pm »
Why is this so difficult?  :duh: We've seen the pictures once, don't need a long string of them repeated in the same thread again.

It was the guys 1st post for crying out loud!  :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #138 on: 19 Oct 2012, 08:28 pm »
Now he knows. ........  :lol:

Pez

« Reply #139 on: 22 Oct 2012, 12:36 am »
Tyson,
Sorry I missed that. :green: Was the check as high as it was last year at Shanahan's? :)
James
We're not sure what the bill ended up being. Let us know when it shows up on your credit card statement.  :P