240 watt D.C. regulated filament supply

djbnh

You could you a 12V battery. The size would depend on how long you'd want to listen for.
You have a pm.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
If you try it, let us know how it sounds.

gcos

Well I have had the upgraded p.s. running in my system now for over a week. I got into this upgrade by accident, having purchased a quad of Valve Art 350B tubes only to discover that the stock p.s. could not supply the higher filament draw.  I have not changed out my WXT+ ( Blair's #1 tube) in my NS40 and to my amazement this upgraded p.s. has had me listening to some of my fav cds all over again. There has been an appreciable increase in micro detail, the bass is cleaner and the highs are as crisp as I like to hear them. All in all I have been listening to cds and am hearing nuances and detail that I have not heard before. I believe that my recent acquisition of my Tekton Lores, which have been lauded for reproducing musical detail has allowed the improvement in the p.s. to be heard.
My only regret is that I did not order the unit in the full size chassis and with the mahogany wrap to match  my amp. Sitting below the NS40 it would have been awesome to look at and hear !!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
I'm glad you like the new power supply. It has amps to spare and is very tightly regulated (AKA: I'd have to say BETTER than a battery). Batteries discharge, meaning the voltage is constantly on a downward spiral once the power switch is turned on..

The enclosures are going to be larger now to improve internal air circulation. If you need a small enclosure, it can still be made.

The new size is 12x10x4 inches (LxWxH)

These supplies can operate multiple Niteshade products at once. Such as: A pair of monos and a preamp or other things. I offer package deals for the DC filament upgrade that uses our 240W power supply.

djbnh

I offer package deals for the DC filament upgrade that uses our 240W power supply.

Point of clarification, please.

If an NS amp already has the DC filament upgrade, and the amp owner chooses to purchase the new PS, there would be no need to bundle the PS with the DC filament upgrade - correct?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: 240 watt D.C. regulated filament supply
« Reply #45 on: 27 Apr 2012, 10:23 pm »
That's right. All you would have to do is purchase the power supply and that comes with the cables you need.