GAS Flea Market thread

hdspeakerman

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #580 on: 19 Jan 2021, 05:26 am »
I have a Will Vincent Baldwin amp that i want to sell.  I am the second owner.  It only has about 200 operating hours on it.  I prefer to sell in the St. Louis area.  I live south of the city.  I can provide more info for those that are interested.  Priced at $625.

I also have a 50 year old Fisher console that I need to sell.  I bought it and brought it home and my wife would not let me bring it in.  It has been in my garage with a tarp on it ever since.  It is complete except for  a few tubes.  Looking for about $200.

Howard

hdspeakerman

« Reply #581 on: 19 Jan 2021, 05:35 am »
Will Vincent hand
made Baldwin amplifier this runs all NOS Baldwin transformers,4 Russian
coin based 6l6 tubes 2 NOS RCA rectifiers & 2 x old stock 12ax7
for a very stout 25 watt  per channel output.  I am the original owner of this
amplifier and received it in trade from Will Vincent at my shop and had
him sign the front. These are very hefty [ 21 " wide & 35 lbs ] It makes a statement, looks and sounds outstanding. Will said he had used it for about 50 hours before trading it to me, I have put possibly 100 hours on it in The several years have owned it, I am selling the amplifier as I am a high power solid state guy and this rarely gets used and has just been setting in a closet.
This was the ad from Audiogon when I bought the tube amp. 

hdspeakerman

« Reply #582 on: 19 Jan 2021, 05:45 am »

« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2021, 06:17 pm by hdspeakerman »

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #583 on: 26 Jan 2021, 07:16 am »
-sold-
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2021, 07:48 am by vinyldavid »

kentj1948

« Reply #584 on: 27 Jan 2021, 08:32 pm »
These items are gathering dust.  Maybe you can use some of them.  All are in very good to excellent condition.  Prices are pretty firm.  I don't want to do any shipping.

Wyred4Sound 2m balanced cables.  Sell new for $349 per pair, asking $175.  Have the original boxes.  These cables use Ohno single crystal copper wire; they may be the least expensive cable on the market using that metal.  Very good sounding.  These cables are sold unmarked as to right/left.  I used a small dot of nail polish on one length to tell them apart.

Wyred4Sound 1m balanced cables. Sell new for $249 per pair, asking $125.  Have the original box. As above.

DHLabs 2m D-750 coax digital cable.  Sells for around $200, asking $120.  Very nice cable, one of the best at its price point.  I compared it to a Pangea XL and thought it was slightly better.

Supra Trico 2m coax digital cable.  Sells for $100, asking $50.  Made in Sweden with Swedish copper.

Pangea 1m AC-9 power cable.  $50.  Very stiff, won't make sharp turns.

4 Black Diamond Racing carbon fiber cones.  These are the #4 grade.  They measure 1.5 inches wide by about 1 inch high.  List is $80, selling for $50.  I don't know the thread size, but I am pretty sure it is metric.

Quad of Electro Harmonix 6H30 tubes.  These are the stock tubes that came in my Rogue Athena.  They have around 600 hours of use.  They should have a lot of life left in them.  Sell for around $160, asking $80.

9 Foot pair of Blue Jean 10 gauge speaker cables. SOLD

3 Cylindrical wooden equipment supports.  They were sold as being made of myrtle wood but I cannot verify that.  They measure approximately 1 5/8 inches high by about 2 3/8 inches in diameter. SOLD.

Pair of Auralex SubDude-HT Acoustic Isolation Platforms.  Sell for $160, asking $100.  These are designed to sit under subwoofers and damp out their cabinet resonances, clarifying the sound while preventing it from feeding vibration into the floor.  Each platform measures 18 by 22 inches.  Have the original boxes.

I have an after-market remote control I bought for use with an Audio Research LS2 MKII preamplifier.  It is in unused condition.  It may work with other ARC products.  It was $30 new, will take $15.

Sealed "Horowitz in Moscow" DG LP.  $15.  A documentary about this concert just came out on the PBS app.  Search the Great Performances category.  Most of the concert is shown along with background about how it got done and Horowitz himself.  If you do look this up, you have to watch the "Now Hear This" series of shows listed there as well. Scott Yoo hosts this wonderful series of shows.  Five shows have been done and all are absolutely great.

« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2021, 05:02 pm by kentj1948 »

vinyldavid

« Reply #585 on: 30 Jan 2021, 02:58 am »
For Sale:

Beautiful Yamaha CD-S1000 SACD player with remote and box and packaging.

This Yamaha player is a beast, done in the proper old-school tradition of solidly built, quality, reasonably priced equipment.

Complete with original box, packaging, and power cord, cables, and remote; this SACD player is a fine addition to a 2ch HiFi rig. Capable of playing both CDs and SACDs, this player exudes quality from the fit, finish, and overall physical build.

The sound is just what you'd expect from Yamaha-neutral, natural, and very revealing. A high end piece in budget clothing.

Cosmetically, this unit is in excellent shape, only being in use for a year or so before being taken out of service. It will ship securely in its original box and packaging.

Posted elsewhere $SOLD!

There's a lot more to come!  Watch this thread!
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021, 06:21 pm by vinyldavid »

BeamPower

« Reply #586 on: 30 Jan 2021, 09:54 pm »
First item up looking for a good home. Pair of woofers from late 70's Advent 3 speaker. Free to a good home; preferably local.

Second item(s) up for grabs. These are all used and i know some have issues with hum or micro phonics but they may still be usable if someone need one for a restoration. Free to a good home.

Third up: I have 8 woofers(MCM # 55-1870) and 2 tweeters(MCM # 53-530) for sale. All are new in the original box. Any reasonable offer accepted.

« Last Edit: 4 Feb 2021, 08:49 pm by BeamPower »

Mr Peabody

« Reply #587 on: 2 Feb 2021, 05:50 pm »
I purchased a Coda Continuum 8 power amplifier 10/2020.  It's v2 which is first 12 watts Class A and 250x2 into 8 ohms and doubles into 4.  I have decided to stick with Levinson and hopefully take advantage of a chance of moving up the food chain.  My preamp is Levinson.

So I'm putting the 8 up for sale, new is $6200.00 and I'm asking $4800.00.  The 8 is absolutely still mint, I didn't even use the power cord, all original items in the box.

Coda is using a new type output device on the 8 and the lack of noise is amazing, ink blac background, outstanding detail and bass control.  I can't seem to get pictures to load here, take a look at my ad here: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649701356-coda-continuum-8-power-amp/

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
Anyone need a tube integrated amp? SOLD.
« Reply #588 on: 6 Feb 2021, 02:34 pm »
Cayin AT-50TP Intergrated Amplifier with Phono Stage. Mint condition unit manufactured in 2016. Includes upgraded Genelex Gold Lion power tubes with upgraded preamp tubes as well. Pic of the amp with Cayin tubes is an old one.

The amp is rated at 38 watts/channel in ultra-linear and 18 watts/channel in triode mode, both of which are switchable from remote.
The Phono stage has 40db of gain suitable for use with moving magnet cartridges. The amp is constructed with point to point wiring using high grade components including Takman Carbon Film Resistors.

It drove both high efficiency Audio Note speakers and 87 db Revel Performa's wonderfully. Price is firm. $995

The unit looks and sounds wonderful, many excellent reviews online. Buyer pays flat $50 shipping. I can get this shipped out via FedEx ASAP.  Obviously local for you GAS folks.

Here's a link to current pricing on this exact model: https://audiophilezone.com/integrated-c-1_17_2/cayin-a50tp-p-155.html#.YB6kBZNKgW9

Review of the same unit without the phono stage: https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308cay/index.html
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2021, 10:38 pm by kirch »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Anyone need a tube integrated amp?
« Reply #589 on: 6 Feb 2021, 04:14 pm »
Cayin AT-50TP Intergrated Amplifier with Phono Stage. Mint condition unit manufactured in 2016. Includes upgraded Genelex Gold Lion power tubes with upgraded preamp tubes as well. Pic of the amp with Cayin tubes is an old one.

The amp is rated at 38 watts/channel in ultra-linear and 18 watts/channel in triode mode, both of which are switchable from remote.
The Phono stage has 40db of gain suitable for use with moving magnet cartridges. The amp is constructed with point to point wiring using high grade components including Takman Carbon Film Resistors.

It drove both high efficiency Audio Note speakers and 87 db Revel Performa's wonderfully. Price is firm.

The unit looks and sounds wonderful, many excellent reviews online. Buyer pays flat $50 shipping. I can get this shipped out via FedEx ASAP.  Obviously local for you GAS folks.

Here's a link to current pricing on this exact model: https://audiophilezone.com/integrated-c-1_17_2/cayin-a50tp-p-155.html#.YB6kBZNKgW9

Review of the same unit without the phono stage: https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308cay/index.html

What price?   :D

kirch

« Reply #590 on: 6 Feb 2021, 05:10 pm »
Doh!  $995.  Thanks for pointing that out! 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #591 on: 6 Feb 2021, 06:14 pm »
Doh!  $995.  Thanks for pointing that out!
:thumb:

vinyldavid

« Reply #592 on: 9 Feb 2021, 05:23 pm »
The Ultimate Silver 5" Disc Player-the mighty Oppo UDP-205.

$SOLD SOLD SOLD

« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2021, 07:48 am by vinyldavid »

vinyldavid

« Reply #593 on: 10 Feb 2021, 06:22 pm »
*glitch-post*  Watch this space for more.

mitch stl

« Reply #594 on: 8 Mar 2021, 03:32 am »
SOLD 3/10/2021

Selling my two month old Schiit Saga+ tube preamp.  I love the way this thing sounds and works, but it is a unity gain preamp and for some albums that are recorded at a lower level my system needs a preamp with a bit of gain. As such, I've moved on to a Schiit Lyr 3 which offers 2 levels of switchable gain.  So, here is your chance to pick up one of these excellent preamps at a discount.  Original box and remote are included.  Asking $350. These list for $400 new, plus tax and shipping.

« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2021, 09:28 pm by mitch stl »

mitch stl

« Reply #595 on: 17 Mar 2021, 01:30 am »
Here is a minor project if anyone is interested. I have a classic 1962 Bell model 2418 tube stereo amp. It uses 6V6GT output tubes and puts out about 15 watts a channel. It is in clean shape for its age. It works, but does have an AC hum that needs to be run down. The power supply can capacitor was replaced round 10 or 15 years ago, so that is the likely suspect, but I haven't had the time or interest to mess with it since I don't have a place for it after it gets fixed. I'm asking $125 as-is, for local pickup here in the St. Louis area. I've checked eBay periodically, and these units seems to go for $300 to $500 when they come up.  Pictures below.

wit9000

« Reply #596 on: 29 Mar 2021, 04:06 pm »
'ello folks...starting the march toward retirement and requisite downsizing...need to find new [preferably local] homes for gear as I "can't take it [all] with me" so "it's time for letting go"  :roll:

I'll follow up with detailed posts and pics, but let me know if anyone is interested in any of the following and I'll prioritize getting details and prices posted based on that. I can sincerely state that all items have been extremely well cared for/maintained/updated to the extent they are like new regardless of age:

Acoustat TNT-200 power amp (Roy Esposito refreshed)
Acoustat Model 3 MK-121 Medallion Mod speakers (Roy Esposito refreshed)
Acoustat Model 3 MK-121 speakers (yes...a 2nd pair!)
GoldenEar Triton Two speakers
Emotiva Airmotiv 4 powered speakers
Energy ESW M8 powered subwoofer
Tivoli Audio Model One
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp
Schiit Bifrost DAC
and a few other bits to come that I'll still digging out of closets...

Thx for helping me find new homes and new lives for these!
Lee

vinyldavid

« Reply #597 on: 30 Mar 2021, 07:47 am »
Audio Research PH3 Special Edition Phono Pre.  Sovtek 6922s.

GAS Discount $1450 cash/obo/trade for something I want

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2021, 03:41 am by vinyldavid »

Mr Peabody

« Reply #598 on: 8 Apr 2021, 09:34 pm »
I no longer have a box of LP's to give away, more than 20, mostly Classical but a couple Paul Butterfield.  Someone gave the box to me so after going through it just passing it along.  I may go through some stacks of other stuff and add to the box. 

These have been claimed.
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2021, 05:14 pm by Mr Peabody »

kirch

Audio Note AZ-2 Floorstanders - $500 OBO. SOLD SOLS SOLD.
« Reply #599 on: 20 Apr 2021, 05:03 pm »
Sold

Bought these as demos about 20 years ago.  (Remember Scott?).

Are they in perfect shape?  Absolutely not.  Do they sound terrific?  Absolutely yes.  93db sensitive, can be driven by most anything.  Placement is literally up against the wall, preferably in a corner, serious space saver.  Will you admire them for their stunning flawless cabinetry?  Nope.  Will you be amazed at their soundstage and detail?  Yup.

Properly placed their frequency response is 45Hz to 20Khz, +/- 6dB in room.  I've supplemented with a sub off and on over the years, but it's really not necessary.  All genres are well reproduced, but as all AN speakers, midrange and detail are their strongpoints.

Perfect for classical, folk, jazz, acoustic of any kind and of course vocals.  Not that they don't rock, but these are what the do best. 

As far as condition - The bass cones were replaced five years ago.  Tweeters are original and there are no issues with them technically. 

See pics.  I can tell you from the sitting distance when critical listening, you don't see the flaws and frankly you won't care. 

Price?  $500 OBO.  Absolutely the best speaker you can get anywhere for $500.  If they were pristine I'd ask $800, again purely due to age.  They come with a very short pair of custom stands that bring the tweeter right up to ear level.  There is a very small chance I can find the original spikes, but I'm not guaranteeing that.

Local sale only.  I can drive a bit if necessary.

I'm in the Central West End if you want to swing by.  Thanks all and stay well!

« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2021, 11:41 am by kirch »