Bryston BP26 Pre-amp: Satisified with Optional Internal MC Phono?

Samurai7595

A question for Bryston BP26 pre-amp owners...

How satisfied are you with the optional internal MC phono stage in the Bryston BP26 pre-amp?

Would it do justice to my Dynavector DV-20X2 Low-output MC cartridge?

http://www.dynavector.com/products/cart/e_20x2.html
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm by Samurai7595 »

srb

How about a topic title of "Bryston BP26 Pre-amp: Satisified with internal MC phono module?"

Samurai7595

How about a topic title of "Bryston BP26 Pre-amp: Satisified with internal MC phono module?"

Done!

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
I have a BP-26P,all in one less cables,oh and It sounds great,using a NAGAOKA cartridge,only listen to vinyl for the last 32 years

cheviot100

BP26 and Rega P9 and Apheta cartridge. Fewer cables. Quite satisfied.

mkaiser

Really?  :scratch:

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Really?  :scratch:
The topic was originally titled Bryston BP-26
And then the person asked that question, and the autoer adjusted the topic title to include the info about the phono section.
Simple.
I have a separate Bryston 1.5 for my BP-26.. so I did not write anything about it.

I wonder what is the price difference betweenthe internal addition? vs the external Bp 1.5 box?

srb

I wonder what is the price difference betweenthe internal addition? vs the external Bp 1.5 box?

Audio Advisor lists the BP 1.5 @ $3195 and the Internal MC Phono board @ $1395.  A rather large $1800 difference or 2.3 X the cost so one would expect it to be better, but as we all know it costs disproportionately more to acquire that last 5 -10% of performance.

Steve

Fullvolume

there is a used BP1.5 listed on CAM for $2195

mkaiser

The topic was originally titled Bryston BP-26
And then the person asked that question, and the autoer adjusted the topic title to include the info about the phono section.
Simple.
I have a separate Bryston 1.5 for my BP-26.. so I did not write anything about it.

Elizabeth, thanks for the clarification as I missed it from the original.

srb, sorry for the head scratch icon comment. I have been corrected.

Mark

srb

srb, sorry for the head scratch icon comment. I have been corrected.

It wasn't a huge deal, I just thought it would help generate more responses and clarify the subject matter, whether looking at a list or searching on the title.

To be fair, the original title ("Bryston BP26 Pre-amp") was still a heck of a lot better than titles like "Audiogon Ad", "Question for James" or "Help"!

Steve