Bryston MPS-2 Power Supply - What can it power?

Samurai7595

Bryston MPS-2 Power Supply - What can it power?
« on: 5 Dec 2012, 07:11 pm »
A question from someone who is new to Bryston gear...

What Bryston gear can the Bryston MPS-2 Power Supply be used for, besides the pre-amps and phono stage?

spinner

Re: Bryston MPS-2 Power Supply - What can it power?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2012, 08:38 am »
  That's about all. I hope to see a new version that could power up my BCd-1 :thumb:

Wim J

« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2012, 10:16 am »
I also think Bryston should make more devices compatible with the MPS2. Why is it not possible to power the BDP or BCD from this power supply. I think in 95% of the cases it only drives the preamp.

As an electronic engineer I have been wondering (no schematics available) if I could put the outputs in parallel. I have a non-Bryston phono amp that runs on 12V/ 500mA. But the individual outputs of the MPS2 are only capable of 350mA (if I remember correctly). Putting 2 outputs in parallel could double the current delivery. Obviously Bryston will not recommend this, or support it.

Also the active crossover 10B-STD and 10B-SUB can be ordered to be powered by the MPS2.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2012, 11:02 am »
I also think Bryston should make more devices compatible with the MPS2. Why is it not possible to power the BDP or BCD from this power supply. I think in 95% of the cases it only drives the preamp.

As an electronic engineer I have been wondering (no schematics available) if I could put the outputs in parallel. I have a non-Bryston phono amp that runs on 12V/ 500mA. But the individual outputs of the MPS2 are only capable of 350mA (if I remember correctly). Putting 2 outputs in parallel could double the current delivery. Obviously Bryston will not recommend this, or support it.

Also the active crossover 10B-STD and 10B-SUB can be ordered to be powered by the MPS2.

Also the new BHA-1 Headphone amp.

james