Kairos Records label

FullRangeMan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 116 times.

simoon

Kairos Records label
« on: Yesterday at 04:55 pm »
Let me preface this with saying, that my tastes in classical music is almost exclusively: atonal, serial, avant-garde, spectralism, new complexity. Some exceptions are: Stravinsky, Bartok, Benjamin Britten, Samuel Barber.

I tend to like the "thorny" and angular sounding stuff*.

The majority of the classical I listen to is from the mid 20th century, up through the present.

So, your mileage may definitely vary, but I recently discovered this label, and I am loving the process of discovery. So far, I seem to be loving about 25% if what I am hearing, but since the have a fairly large catalog, that means quite a bit if music.

https://www.kairos-music.com/

Also, as a plus, the vast majority of these recordings are excellent. Very good imaging and soundstage.

*I have tried for years to get into classical music from the  "common practice" eras: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, etc., etc., with no success. I didn't start listening to classical until I was in my 50's, when I discovered

richidoo

Re: Kairos Records label
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:01 pm »
Looks interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you submitted your post before it was complete... please continue!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:44 pm »
Thanks for inform.
I tried sail the site but it not worked,
seems KR site is a single page.

In the area of Modem Music worth mention the small label New Albion Records from SF-CA, where in the 1980s I bought by postal mail letter directly from Mr.Foster Reed owner of the label, before the fast internet life.
http://www.newalbion.com/catalog.html

simoon

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:00 pm »
Thanks for inform.
I tried sail the site but it not worked,
seems KR site is a single page.

In the area of Modem Music worth mention the small label New Albion Records from SF-CA, where in the 1980s I bought by postal mail letter directly from Mr.Foster Reed owner of the label, before the fast internet life.
http://www.newalbion.com/catalog.html

That's strange...

I used the link I posted, and it opens a complete site, with 11 pages of CD's and downloads, each with 28 per page. And samples of most of them.
Composer backgrounds and history.
And shopping and ordering pages.

Maybe try a different browser...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:23 pm »
That's strange...

I used the link I posted, and it opens a complete site, with 11 pages of CD's and downloads, each with 28 per page. And samples of most of them.
Composer backgrounds and history.
And shopping and ordering pages.

Maybe try a different browser...
All I could see is this page:

And accepting the Cookies I could see they also have a About page and so.
https://www.kairos-music.com/about-us-kairos-music

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:23 pm »
Let me preface this with saying, that my tastes in classical music is almost exclusively: atonal, serial, avant-garde, spectralism, new complexity. Some exceptions are: Stravinsky, Bartok, Benjamin Britten, Samuel Barber.

I tend to like the "thorny" and angular sounding stuff*.

The majority of the classical I listen to is from the mid 20th century, up through the present.

So, your mileage may definitely vary, but I recently discovered this label, and I am loving the process of discovery. So far, I seem to be loving about 25% if what I am hearing, but since the have a fairly large catalog, that means quite a bit if music.

https://www.kairos-music.com/

Also, as a plus, the vast majority of these recordings are excellent. Very good imaging and soundstage.

*I have tried for years to get into classical music from the  "common practice" eras: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, etc., etc., with no success. I didn't start listening to classical until I was in my 50's, when I discovered

Its funny, your journey is almost a mirror image to my own.  I started out listening entirely to Bach/Beethoven/Brahms, etc.... with Shostakovich and Bartok being as modern as I ever got. 

I shied away from 'difficult' modern music because I assumed it was just too ugly. 

But then one day I was at the Denver Public Library in the music section and I saw a box set of CD's with a bunch of performances by the Kronos Quartet (25 Years).  Took it home and after the first disc, I was hooked.  After that I checked out other big boxes for composers like John Adams (Earbox) and Steve Reich (1965-1995).

Ever since then I've been a fan of modern classical.  Thanks for the link, there's some really interesting stuff on the Kairos site.