Supertweeters

Charles Calkins

Supertweeters
« on: 8 Nov 2006, 12:01 am »
Is there any way to check and hear if the supertweeters are working? I don't want to feed them directly from the amp because I'm afraid I'd french fry them. I've got them hooked up and I'm thinking they help the sound. When I hold one up to my ear I hear nothing. Should I be hearing something?

Cheers
                          Charlie

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
Re: Supertweeters
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2006, 03:17 pm »
Charlie,

The ERT's operate within the range of normal audibility so yes, you should be able to hear them (unless your ears are shot ;) )

It is OK to connect your main speaker wires directly to the ERT - just be sure to keep the volume low.  This will let you know for sure that they are functioning properly.  Please let me know how it goes!

Sean

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2006, 06:06 pm »
Sean:
 Yep they work although barely even with the receiver volume all the way up. I've got the Pos. speaker terminal plugged into the 11 KHZ terminal. Turning the output level control to max I barely hear them . Turning to minimum I hear them less. Nature of the beast I guess.

Cheers
                                     Charlie

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2006, 11:31 pm »
Reveiver volume at max and you can barely hear them?  Something is not right there Charlie... please contact mike@av123.com (support manager) so we can determine what is going on.

Thanks!

Sean

Sean:
 Yep they work although barely even with the receiver volume all the way up. I've got the Pos. speaker terminal plugged into the 11 KHZ terminal. Turning the output level control to max I barely hear them . Turning to minimum I hear them less. Nature of the beast I guess.

Cheers
                                     Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2006, 11:53 pm »
Sean:
 Thank you. Will do.

Cheers
                            Charlie