Integrating a third and fourth sub?

sunnydaze

Re: Integrating a third and fourth sub?
« Reply #40 on: 7 Aug 2021, 05:55 pm »
Hey OP -- if you're gonna throw more money at the problem, the next cash outlay should be hiring an acoustic engineer to give you professional advice.

Before that, why not try setting speakers up on the other walls?   Haven't seen mention of that yet.  A little work but free.  Nothing to lose.    :dunno:

DannyBadorine

Re: Integrating a third and fourth sub?
« Reply #41 on: 7 Aug 2021, 06:25 pm »
Here are some measurements I took of the low and mid woofers for each side.  The 40hz bump was still picked up even when up close.
*Deleted*

This may be the case, but this setup does still sound better than anything I previously had.  I tried to do my homework before making the investment on this setup, the feedback I got from users on this forum, and from GR, indicated they should work great in my room, but those are only opinions.  The reality is that the bass in this room has always sucked, looking back at some previous posts of measurements I took, that 40hz bump has always been there.  I have had a minitower/dual sub setup and a full range tower setup prior to this one, both left me chasing something more.  I don't know if going backwards, or sideways, will solve the problem.  I either have to live with it, or fix the room.  At this point, I just want to get the most out of what I have right now, whatever the result.

I totally get it. The speakers are not the problem.  It's definitely the room.  Maybe some bass trapping will help, but trying to get rid of 40Hz is tough.  Definitely play with the positioning of the speakers as everyone else is saying.  And really, at the end of the day, it's still probably going to sound badass.  Some extra low end can be fun.