Introduction

Desertpilot

• Retired
Introduction
« on: 18 Jan 2021, 05:42 pm »
Hello all, happy to have found this place.  I just ordered Danny's upgrade kit for the SVS center channel and will likely purchase the SVS Ultra bookshelf upgrade kits when he comes up with it.  I've looked over a lot of the build threads.  WOW!  The builds are amazing.  I have absolutely no capability with woodworking so if I do go with a DIY I will certainly have to purchase a built cabinet.

I've always loved audio and like all hobbyists I've tried to get the best sound within my budget.  I listen primarily to classical and some jazz.  Typically, my music is SACD multichannel surround.  Over the past several years, classical recording engineers have really stepped up their game (for instance, Sound Mirror team from Boston, especially for the Reference Recordings label).  The question for me is, how do I reproduce these incredible recordings?  That's why I am here.

I am seriously looking at the NX-Studio as I prefer bookshelf speakers.  Probably three of them for the front soundstage.  No worries, my son would gladly take my SVS speakers off my hands, especially with Danny's upgrades.

Glad to be here.
Marcus
Las Vegas, NV

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2021, 05:51 pm »
Welcome to AC.

I just completed the upgrade on the SVS Ultra Bookshelf model. So it will be available shortly.