CD Storage - The Horror...

jds

Re: CD Storage - The Horror...
« Reply #20 on: 24 Feb 2012, 03:46 am »
+1 for Can Am

sebrof

« Reply #21 on: 24 Feb 2012, 04:17 am »
Sold (and gave away) my CDs, CD-player and CD-shelfes in 2011.
CDs are so 1996.
What do you play now, records?
I have too much good music on CD to get rid of it all.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #22 on: 24 Feb 2012, 09:59 am »
I think that it is a great idea to incorporate the storage shelf into a functional part of the room such as a room divider. I enjoy the aesthetics of brick walls and I would not want to hide it behind a wall of CDs. Looking forward to your photographs once you start on your new shelf Anonamemouse  :D

I don't live in that house anymore. I did love my brick wall though! The house we currently live in has large slabs of grey concrete for walls :(

Construction should begin in a few weeks, I am working too much right now, and my better half does not want to have tools and such laying around when I am not home...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 24 Feb 2012, 11:24 am »
That's most of it! :smoke:

Hi Mag,

OK - Can you play me "Neil Young - A Man Needs A Maid" please  :lol:

james

J. Royce Baron

« Reply #24 on: 24 Feb 2012, 11:56 am »

mhconley

« Reply #25 on: 24 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm »
Most of our CDs are in these beautiful storage boxes:

:lol:

A few are in about 15 of these (along with our entire DVD/Blu-ray/Wii/PS3 game collection):

I've been following this thread closely because while our entire CD collection is also stored in a RAID1 array of these:

I'd like to find a nice storage solution with a higher WAF than the first picture in my post.  :D

Plus my wife likes looking at the physical copies and occasionally taking them with her in the car...

Martin

Quiet Earth

« Reply #26 on: 24 Feb 2012, 02:09 pm »

How about poor old UBC's collection...........LOL.. :duh:

Is that a library or a personal collection? ( I don't know who UBC is, sorry...  :oops: )

Anyway, I think that's the best way to store your cds. Library style! In the same room as the player, of course.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #27 on: 24 Feb 2012, 02:27 pm »
Is that a library or a personal collection? ( I don't know who UBC is, sorry...  :oops: )

Anyway, I think that's the best way to store your cds. Library style! In the same room as the player, of course.

University of British Columbia.

D.D.

PRELUDE

« Reply #28 on: 24 Feb 2012, 02:57 pm »
This is 3 of my 5 racks bolted together (BOLTZ CD 600) all alphabetically :thumb:

wagnju

« Reply #29 on: 24 Feb 2012, 03:05 pm »
I'm using this
http://www.mmdesign.com/cd-storage-sleeves.php
as I like to flip through my collection and without the jewel case it saves a lot of storage space .
Juergen

SHV

« Reply #30 on: 24 Feb 2012, 04:08 pm »
My current CD storage now fits neatly under the BDP.

Steve

spinner

« Reply #31 on: 24 Feb 2012, 04:53 pm »
The university( UBC) has even more stuff now . They were given a stock of dvd's from a defunct movie rental place . :shake:

Stu Pitt

« Reply #32 on: 25 Feb 2012, 02:42 am »
Before I ripped my collection, I thought I'd miss my CD cases and liner notes.  After I ripped them, they just sat there.  I boxed them up and put them in an easily accessible place in the basement.

I don't miss them.  I love getting a new CD and checking out the artwork and liner notes, but after a couple times I get bored with it.

Vinyl is different though.  Nothing like a huge gatefold cover and liner notes to set the mood.  Somehow, CDs just don't do the same thing for me.

What I think would be the best of all worlds would be Blu-Ray music - high-res playback, and acess to the artwork, liner notes, and extra stuff on your TV.  That would be cool.  Maybe people would start buying music again if they did something like this.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #33 on: 25 Feb 2012, 03:20 am »

Nothing like a huge gatefold cover and liner notes to set the mood.  Somehow, CDs just don't do the same thing for me.

So true, Stu. That's one thing I miss about vinyl for sure.

D.D.

Levi

« Reply #34 on: 25 Feb 2012, 04:23 am »
I love BOLTZ industrial look.  I have 4 of those overflowing with CDs. :thumb:

This is 3 of my 5 racks bolted together (BOLTZ CD 600) all alphabetically :thumb:

PRELUDE

« Reply #35 on: 25 Feb 2012, 04:35 am »
I love BOLTZ industrial look.  I have 4 of those overflowing with CDs. :thumb:
The best part of this rack is you can add as your music library grows.who saw it they just bought it and I do not know any one with less then 3 of them. :thumb:

sfraser

« Reply #36 on: 27 Feb 2012, 06:43 pm »
Shaky dusty photo of my file server in the basement. Home of all my music. Cd's will be crated and stored real soon.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #37 on: 28 Feb 2012, 01:57 pm »
I was admiring some individuals CD collections and their storage solutions on-line and the question about CD "playability" entered my mind. Can a CD from any where in the world be played in any CD player? I know that DVDs are region specific and I was wondering if this also applied to CDs? The Reason that I ask is that I am having difficulties tracking down a few CDs and I may get a friend to locate them for me in Europe.

:scratch:

Be well...

Levi

« Reply #38 on: 28 Feb 2012, 02:32 pm »
Hi Landrew.  The answer is yes.  There are no regional coding on CDs.  You can surely go buy CDs from: China, Japan, UK, Canada, Saudi, etc and still play them in your Bryston CDp.  :thumb:

I was admiring some individuals CD collections and their storage solutions on-line and the question about CD "playability" entered my mind. Can a CD from any where in the world be played in any CD player? I know that DVDs are region specific and I was wondering if this also applied to CDs? The Reason that I ask is that I am having difficulties tracking down a few CDs and I may get a friend to locate them for me in Europe.

:scratch:

Be well...

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #39 on: 28 Feb 2012, 03:16 pm »
Hi Landrew.  The answer is yes.  There are no regional coding on CDs.  You can surely go buy CDs from: China, Japan, UK, Canada, Saudi, etc and still play them in your Bryston CDp.  :thumb:

Thanks Levi  :thumb:

Be well...