Mini's - next batch???

billc

Re: Mini's - next batch???
« Reply #40 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:17 am »
Bob,

Regarding your post on Jan 22 about the Mini's coming shortly, sorry for the delay in my very psyched reply... (I've been out of town on business). 

Yes, I am most definitely an AC member, and Bill Baker from Response Audio seems to have picked up your mention of my Mini's coming soon.  They are destined for me, right?  I sure hope there aren't 6 other Bill's on your list!   :)  (Thank you Bill B for the heads up!  I guess I definitely owe you a listen now!)

Yowza!   :hyper:   :bounce:   :beer:

Bob, please PM or email me when you ship.  I have to get the red carpet rolled out !  And clean my speaker connectors...

Bill C

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #41 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:21 am »
I've had a few very good poor boys in Mississippi Gene.... 8)

I agree about the Mini's....read all you can, and PM the Mini-TP owners to see what their using. No need to rush.... 8)

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #42 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:23 am »
Your killing me Lonewolf Lets go get one i"ll drive  :lol:

I agree about the Mini's....read all you can, and PM the Mini-TP owners to see what their using. No need to rush.... 8)

lonewolfny42

« Reply #43 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:26 am »
Your killing me Lonewolf Lets go get one i"ll drive  :lol:

Best thing Ed about going down South....great food....and great people....a very good combo !!! :wink:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #44 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:30 am »

Now that's how you hyjack a thread!  :lol: Throw hot peppers on mine.  :drool:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #45 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:35 am »
Robin....
Now that's how you hyjack a thread!
.....Hey....a guys gotta eat. :lol:

And food and music go together very well.... :thankyou:  :dance:

Works for us at the Rave's..... aa

bbchem

« Reply #46 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:25 pm »
 :D  Wow, I am leaving for New ORleans tonight, my daughter lives there and I lived there for 5 years. I second the motion. Having lived in New York for most my life and now Florida, some of my best and closest friends live in New Orleans area. The food is amazing and the Music is great and the people are very special in a very good way. Wish I could take my MINIS with me to show my friends there.!!   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2008, 01:03 pm by bbchem »

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #47 on: 24 Jan 2008, 03:28 pm »
You're right. Where else can you suck the heads and pinch the tails! And then go out and get a good meal. :green: :green: :green:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #48 on: 15 Feb 2008, 06:18 am »
Guys,

Well... we have a few pairs either already out or going out soon.  J@ck here on the circle has had a pair for a few days now... maybe we'll hear from him before too long.

-Bob

Hey J@ck......please tell us about your Mini's.....how are they sounding....thanks !! :beer:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #49 on: 15 Feb 2008, 03:32 pm »
Yeah, J@ck has a good amp for sale and I told him I had a pair of mini's on order and might be interested in his amp. And then he tells me he just got his mini's.  :thumb:

Gene

J@ck

« Reply #50 on: 16 Feb 2008, 01:06 am »
I am still experimenting with the Mini, but sound wise so far so good.
I have tried some high power SS amps with nice results. And now I want to try with tube amps.
It seems reasonable easy to drive, I wonder if a 300B SET would be nice with the Mini?

yo2tup

« Reply #51 on: 16 Feb 2008, 01:12 am »

It seems reasonable easy to drive, I wonder if a 300B SET would be nice with the Mini?

I'll be trying this on Monday when I get my Mini's  :)

yo2tup

« Reply #52 on: 16 Feb 2008, 01:14 am »
What type of break-in do the Mini's go through?  Bob?

Current Mini owners, have you noticed any changes since you first received them?

bbchem

« Reply #53 on: 16 Feb 2008, 02:52 am »
As I mentioned before, Bob and I discussed break-in and Bob felt they would not need much breakin or change much with his drivers. I believe this to be the case. I currently have 150 hours and they sound about the same as out of the box. I tried a pair of 8WPC set amps and they did not have the drive needed to really push the envelope of the minis.

Regards, Bill    :thumb:

yo2tup

« Reply #54 on: 16 Feb 2008, 02:58 am »
As I mentioned before, Bob and I discussed break-in and Bob felt they would not need much breakin or change much with his drivers. I believe this to be the case. I currently have 150 hours and they sound about the same as out of the box. I

good to hear! :thumb:

I tried a pair of 8WPC set amps and they did not have the drive needed to really push the envelope of the minis.

bad to hear  :duh: :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #55 on: 16 Feb 2008, 04:37 am »
I am still experimenting with the Mini, but sound wise so far so good.
I have tried some high power SS amps with nice results. And now I want to try with tube amps.

Thank you J@ck....I look forward to your future comments....enjoy !! :thumb:

Chris

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #56 on: 16 Feb 2008, 04:34 pm »
I tried a pair of 8WPC set amps and they did not have the drive needed to really push the envelope of the minis.

Hi Bill,

In my search for an affordable amp to power my ordered mini's, I find your comment very interesting. I've considered the whole range, from Vinnie's Sig 30's all the way up to the Spectron M III (SE).

Since you feel an 8 wpc SET isn't sufficient, do you have an appropriate wpc in mind? I'm not looking to blow the walls down in my small listening room, but I don't want my mini's to go wanting for more power either.

Thanks for any input,

Gene

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #57 on: 16 Feb 2008, 04:58 pm »
Hi Gene, the more power (current) you feed these speakers, the more potential you will realize. Going with tubes, I would recommend 50 watts or so. They will handle and appreciate much more.

I would imagine a 300B would sound wonderfully seductive but you would sacrifice dynamic control. Listening habits and expectations will play a large roll in your decision. either way, I am sure you are in for a treat.

Good luck on your continued search.

groovybassist

« Reply #58 on: 16 Feb 2008, 04:59 pm »
Just for the record, my Mini's went through an audible change with about 15 hours on them.  Initially, they sounded good, but lacked a bit of coherence - something was just a bit off.  Once I hit 15 hours or so, everything locked into focus and they haven't changed at all since that time.

-Mike

Double Ugly

« Reply #59 on: 16 Feb 2008, 05:09 pm »
I would imagine a 300B would sound wonderfully seductive but you would sacrifice dynamic control.

True, unless you happen across a pair of Butler Audio Monad monoblocks.  :wink: