Making a splash at Newport

David C.

Making a splash at Newport
« on: 1 Jun 2015, 02:47 pm »
Congratulations, Vinnie!

"I have not been to all the rooms (yet) but the Harbeth HL5plus loudspeakers ($6695/pair) powered by the new Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp ($3400) would be my early pick for the best sound of Newport 2015."

http://www.stereophile.com/content/herb-reicherts-day-two-show

David C.

Re: Making a splash at Newport
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2015, 04:05 pm »
By the way, Vinnie, what configuration is the Newport LIO: autoformer volume control or resistor volume control + tubestage?

Ultralight

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2015, 04:16 pm »
Congratulations on accruing accolades after accolades.

UL

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2015, 06:33 pm »
Hi David C. and Ultralight,

Thank you!

Herb Reichert of Stereophile is currently reviewing a fully-loaded LIO.  It should hit the newsstands this Fall!  :hyper:

By the way, Vinnie, what configuration is the Newport LIO: autoformer volume control or resistor volume control + tubestage?

It was RVC + Tubestage (stock JJ E88CC tubes)

Definitely by the next show, it will be AVC + Tubestage "combo module."   8)

I'm still at Newport Beach, but will be flying home this evening and will finally be back home in MA (after going from Japan to Portland to Newport Beach) tomorrow.  I have A LOT of emails, phone calls, etc. to catch up on.  Thanks for all your patience and understanding...

All the best,

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2015, 06:26 pm by Vinnie R. »

brh

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2015, 01:54 pm »

Definitely by the next show, it will be AVC + Tubestage "combo module."   8)

Guess that project is coming along nicely, then? :)

Vinnie R.

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2015, 05:33 pm »
Guess that project is coming along nicely, then? :)

Yes - and more updates on that soon enough!

--------

Here is some more feedback from the show:

Frank Iacone of Headphone Guru posts this one headfi (yes, he does do reviews of near field home audio as well  :green:):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765008/t-h-e-show-headphonium-in-2015/15#post_11654434

Quote from: Frank I.
Vinnie Rossi LIO was making music with the LIO and Harbeths paired with and Acoustic Signature Table.
Awe inspiring and terrific tonality

NOTE: We also had a Palmer turntable (below)

I want to thank AC member abernardi for visiting our room and posting this:

This was posted yesterday on Audiocircle:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133112.msg1433598#msg1433598

Quote from: abernardi
Vinnie Rossi had his LIO "all-in-one" box there driving a pair of Harbeth Super HL5 (I think) speakers.  It was so good, I was sorely tempted to dump my whole system and just simplify

I'll post more feedback as it becomes available!

:thumb:

Vinnie

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2015, 06:47 pm »
Vinnie Rossi had his Lio "all-in-one" box there driving a pair of Harbeth Super HL5 (I think) speakers.  It was so good, I was sorely tempted to dump my whole system and just simplify. 
I've owned my LIO for a couple months now, and there isn't a day goes by that it doesn't make me think about more ways to simplify. I still love my streamer/DAC (Aries/Vega) and amps (AI Atsah), but the LIO is just so darn good at everything I've asked it to do so far (MC phono stage, tube preamp). Truly a home run in every way :thumb:

David C.

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2015, 09:42 pm »
Vinnie, what are the black objects lurking behind the potted plants in the first photo?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2015, 12:59 am »
I've owned my LIO for a couple months now, and there isn't a day goes by that it doesn't make me think about more ways to simplify. I still love my streamer/DAC (Aries/Vega) and amps (AI Atsah), but the LIO is just so darn good at everything I've asked it to do so far (MC phono stage, tube preamp). Truly a home run in every way :thumb:

Hi TomS,

Thank you!

Hi David C.,

Since we didn't have 'real room treatments' for this show, we took the rolled up bedding that they left behind in the room and put some black table cloths over them (so they didn't look like bedding).  They went in the rear corners behind the plants to trap some excess bass.   Wink2

Vinnie

David C.

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2015, 01:08 am »
Now that's thinking outside the box. :thumb: This could be the start of a new Vinnie Rossi product line: "Our room treatments will give you bedder sound!" :lol:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2015, 01:20 am »
Now that's thinking outside the box. :thumb: This could be the start of a new Vinnie Rossi product line: "Our room treatments will give you bedder sound!" :lol:

Bedder sound for everyone!  :green: :thumb:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2015, 04:47 pm »
More from Newport Beach Show:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2015-newport-audio-show-report/

Most Significant Product Introduction :notworthy:

Quote from: Paul Seydor / TAS
LIO Modular High-end Audio System
By far the most innovative single amp, preamp, and integrated amp I came across at the show was this hybrid unit, the LIO Modular, designed by one Vinnie Rossi.

NOTE: There needs to be a correction regarding the power (should be 25wpc into 8-ohm, 45wpc into 4-ohm, and 65wpc into 2-ohm).
And fully-loaded price as shown should read $6,155... for the time being.  Wink2

- Steven Stone of The Absolute Sound magazine is currently reviewing LIO - it should hit the newsstands this Fall!  :D
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2015, 06:25 pm by Vinnie R. »