Sold sold Mojo Audio Mystique V3 dac - upgraded To EVO similar to the PRO level

grannyring

Listed on multiple audio sites.   

In great condition. This dac started out as a Mojo Audio Mystique V3 and I upgraded it to what is essentially the EVO Pro offering. Ben at Mojo Audio sent me the modified USB input board used in the EVO Pro and I installed it. In addition, the following Pro level and beyond upgrades were added with his help and direction on sourcing the correct parts.
- Lundahl Amorphous chokes used in the analog power supply
- Lundahl chokes used in the digital power supply
- Opamps upgraded to 4 Staccato
- Vishay ZFoil resistors
- Stillpoints ERS cloth used on AC input
- Soundcoat chassis vibration dampening on bottom of chassis and under the 5 Lundahl chokes
- VH Audio OCC pure silver, 18 gauge solid core wire in foamed Teflon, Airlok brand, on RCA outputs
- VH Audio OCC 18 gauge, solid core copper in foamed Teflon, Airlok brand, used to wire all 5 chokes
- 10 WA Quantum chips - capacitor size

This unit is single ended only and has SPDIF, optical and USB inputs. I have always used the USB input with my Innuos Zenith MK3.

The unit does not come with feet per the original chassis spec and build. The owner can use their own choice of footers. I like the Audio Points brass cones and coupling discs that sell for $225 for a set of 3. I put two on the heavy choke side of the chassis.

The Evo Pro version sold for $10,000 - $12,000 and built out to what I have closer to $11,500. This unit does not have some of the grounding and circuit board isolation found in the original Pro.

This is easily one of the best sounding Redbook dacs available at any price. R2R dac with no oversampling. Sonic highlights include:

- natural tone akin to great analog
- effortless sounding no matter the volume due to low noise and no part of the sonic spectrum ever being out of proper balance
- revealing the heart and soul of the performance allowing your mind to engage with the music
- fun plain old fun to listen to

Why am I selling? The only dac I have ever heard that sounds this good, and I have heard many in my system, is the Tron Atlantic Signature Level that sells for some 3x my selling price. I just love it however, and purchased it. Now I can let this special dac go.

Prefer a local sale sort of thing, but will consider shipping.  No PayPal as I am no longer a member. Will accept bank transfer, Zelle, and cashiers check. 

I have been a cable builder and gear modifier/upgrader for years and am active here and on Audiogon. Check out my feedback under Grannyring. 

Thanks for looking.

Bill

« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2023, 08:45 pm by grannyring »