Your listening chair?

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Your listening chair?
« on: 18 May 2014, 02:09 pm »

After pursuing runs10k's thread on the roto couch, a realization occurred that what an individual rests their derrière on while enjoying a listening session with a favourite music genre can be as varied as the audio equipment sitting on the rack. Why not share a photo of your favourite seat in the house whether it be the latest "Chic" statement in seating to something rescued from a local dumpster.

Be well...

Laundrew

Re: Your listening chair?
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 02:27 pm »

The venerable Ikea POÄNG armchair - while comfy, it really likes to "walk" all over the floor and seems to have an affliction for walls. Currently searching for that very special Victorian arm chair and finally move the POÄNG back to the home theatre room where it belongs.

Be well...

mfig

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2014, 02:57 pm »

mfig

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2014, 04:16 pm »
In response to a couple of emails, here's some info on my chair-
Sure- from Restoration Hardware.
I bought it from their U.S. on line store- best way to go with them as it was less expensive than Canada and your landed cost is a fixed 20% of the U.S. price (all in including shipping and the service was impeccable).
It might seem expensive, but it is the most comfortable chair ever, and cheap when you consider a set of good cables or phono cartridge  can cost as much or more.
Link here-http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?link=AviatorChair&categoryId=cat2400262

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2014, 04:41 pm »
My listening chair is one of my favorite audio purchases.  The Ekornes Vegas has an adjustable (i.e lower it out of the way) integrated headrest, which is important to me as I listen to a lot of multichannel as well as stereo, and typically HT chairs are ridiculously high backed, ruinng even good stereo.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2014, 05:03 pm »
Where's the cupholder Ted? :scratch:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2014, 05:12 pm »
Where's the cupholder Ted? :scratch:

I strap a tray to the back of one of my golden retrievers and he lies at my feet.  Sucks when someone comes to the door (or doorbell rings on a video, or someone is making food in the kitchen, or someone.......) :)

rodge827

« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2014, 05:37 pm »
I pirated this chair from an Inn (http://engleside.com/portfolio/efficiency-suite/) that I was working at a few years ago. It was less than a year old and a spring had popped on the rear corner. Out to the trash it went, and thinking Green $  :eyebrows: it wound up in my room. The table was a discarded display from Target' that I literately dove into a dumpster for.  :o 8)
All in all very comfy and works well for this purpose. :D

Laundrew

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2014, 08:15 pm »
I pirated this chair from an Inn (http://engleside.com/portfolio/efficiency-suite/) that I was working at a few years ago. It was less than a year old and a spring had popped on the rear corner. Out to the trash it went, and thinking Green $  :eyebrows: it wound up in my room. The table was a discarded display from Target' that I literately dove into a dumpster for.  :o 8)
All in all very comfy and works well for this purpose. :D

Outstanding :thumb: It really looks like one of those all-enveloping, super comfy chairs - great find.

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2014, 09:11 pm »
Here is my chair and my most favourite music. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1NaXrIN9I

PRELUDE

« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2014, 09:21 pm »
Oh, sorry folks that was my neighbor's choice. :duh:
And here is mine, the chair and the music. :thumb:
The chair is 100% anti reflection. :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApMitnsXgg

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2014, 11:51 pm »
Sorry no pic of my chair. It is a standard rocking swivel recliner. So I can rotate it to watch TV (the TV is off to the left side wall.)

The good thing about my chair is it is comfy. The bad thing is it is falling apart. The 'so called leather' is rotting off anywhere I touch it. So the chair arms are disgusting and have holes with the stuffing showing. And so does the back (an indictment of 'cheap leather' IMO)
It started rotting within a year of buying it. But I am cheap as can be. So I just use it with a cheap cotton cover. And plan on doing so until "I" am ready to buy a new chair to replace it. (Maybe one more year).
It is hideous.. But still useable. Sort of like my body. LOL

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2014, 12:35 am »

:lol:

95Dyna

« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2014, 05:12 pm »

After pursuing runs10k's thread on the roto couch, a realization occurred that what an individual rests their derrière on while enjoying a listening session with a favourite music genre can be as varied as the audio equipment sitting on the rack. Why not share a photo of your favourite seat in the house whether it be the latest "Chic" statement in seating to something rescued from a local dumpster.

Be well...

Touche!  A restless listener am I who must change positions vertically in an instant whilst reacting to the dynamics of the music.......

As an added bonus this listening "chair" places my ears right between the tweeters and super tweeters (142) cm above the floor.