hirez downloads in Europe?

Marius

hirez downloads in Europe?
« on: 22 Jun 2011, 08:17 pm »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I filled my "cart" with several Hires downloads on HDtracks, only discovering during checkout I couldn't because it does not sell outside of the USofA.  :duh:

Anyone know of a great European counterpartner? I went to Linn-recordings, and some special niche sites (hyperion records and Gimell for example) but know no big pop or jazz site yet.

Please point me to them if you know?
Marius

audio.bill

Re: hirez downloads in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm »
I'm in the US so I can't verify this, but I have read that the limitation with non-US buyers on HDTracks is due to their payment processing. If you can setup a PayPal account and use it for your payment method, some international users report that they are then able to make purchases on HDTracks. Good luck and let us know if this works for you.

jamesg11

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:29 am »
I'm in the US so I can't verify this, but I have read that the limitation with non-US buyers on HDTracks is due to their payment processing. If you can setup a PayPal account and use it for your payment method, some international users report that they are then able to make purchases on HDTracks. Good luck and let us know if this works for you.
That's what I've been doing - no problems, thus far, from Oz.

Marius

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:36 pm »
well, doesn't work. my profile wont get saved without a creditcardnumber....and even though I fear the paypal connection and dread to use it because of security issues, I can not find an option to use it in Hdtracks.

Marius
That's what I've been doing - no problems, thus far, from Oz.

Aleg

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2011, 02:10 pm »
well, doesn't work. my profile wont get saved without a creditcardnumber....and even though I fear the paypal connection and dread to use it because of security issues, I can not find an option to use it in Hdtracks.

Marius

Marius

PayPal is nothing to be feared, IMO it is very safe.

I use HDTracks with PayPal as well and in my account settings I just left my details of name and address empty (with dashes -) and the country on the default United States and did not enter any credit card details.

Payments I just do with PayPal.

This works great.

-
aleg

Marius

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2011, 03:52 pm »
ok, thank you for that, ill just have to try again,

Marius

Marius

PayPal is nothing to be feared, IMO it is very safe.

I use HDTracks with PayPal as well and in my account settings I just left my details of name and address empty (with dashes -) and the country on the default United States and did not enter any credit card details.

Payments I just do with PayPal.

This works great.

-
aleg

lechuga

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2011, 08:36 am »
Hello. This is my first post here.

I live in Luxembourg and I bought from some sites as follows:

Eclassical.com: swedish site. Very good prices (you pay in USD) but sometimes missing booklet.

Qobuz.com: french site. Extremelly ample music offer (but only a fraction is hirez), also reviews, links to magazines, etc. But all in French...they call their hires files 'studio masters'. They also have a flat rate for streaming but not hires.

2l.no: norwegian site. You can download their music but I personally prefer buying their boxes bluray+SACD+hires FLAC files included in the BD.

Also lynnrecords and naimrecords sell online their own catalogue.

I'm still in the learning curve and interested in spotting the best sites for paid dowload.

Arturo