Is EAC or dBpoweramp better?

testsound

Is EAC or dBpoweramp better?
« on: 4 Jul 2020, 02:42 am »
I guess dBp has "Lossless Uncompressed" encoding option which non of the other softwares have.
Is there no FLAC option for XLD? Just WAV and AIFF?

zoom25

Re: Is EAC or dBpoweramp better?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2020, 09:38 am »
What are you talking about?

XLD has everything:

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2020, 12:41 pm »
 :lol:  I love the LAME MP3!

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2020, 06:04 pm »
XLD is Mac-only. EAC is Windows-only, and I think dbpoweramp is available for either.

XLD is free but, as noted, Mac-only. Don't know about the others, but no pressing need to find out. Disc rips are so rare for me now that it looks like I've missed an upgrade or two judging from your screenshots. Looking at the webpages' I see dbpoweramp is $329 which s $39 more than the others but I see no compelling reason to spend the money. Use the others and donate to whichever you like best.

Jon L

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2020, 08:26 pm »
Did EAC fix the problem of not getting album metadata info? 

testsound

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2020, 05:55 am »
XLD is Mac-only. EAC is Windows-only, and I think dbpoweramp is available for either.

XLD is free but, as noted, Mac-only. Don't know about the others, but no pressing need to find out. Disc rips are so rare for me now that it looks like I've missed an upgrade or two judging from your screenshots. Looking at the webpages' I see dbpoweramp is $329 which s $39 more than the others but I see no compelling reason to spend the money. Use the others and donate to whichever you like best.

It's not 329 dollars. It would be about $40 for just one computer, $70 for up to 5 computers of same OS, and $90 for 5 computers of both Mac and Windows.