Promitheus TVC Reference C-Core elevated quality of sound

haroldgiang

Hi Circle Members,
My Refrence C-Core TVC arrived last Friday, spent time to play with it, here is my report:
It is truth that our members had said all along, it's improve the sound of of my system, especially when I did a comparation between 2 pairs of speakers I have, Usher CP6311 and Usher BE-718.
Set up 1:
A- CDP NAD M55 ----> Promitheus TVC C-Core ---> NuForce Reference P9 V2 SE ----> Usher CP6311
B- CDP NAD M55 ----> NAD C-162 Pre Amp -------> NuForce Reference P9 V2 SE ----> Usher BE-718

For fairly comparation, Only the different is Preamp, the rest of set up in A/B have same components.
The Promitheus TVC C-Core elevated the sound quality in set up A, made the CP-6311 sound equal or better BE-718    ( CP-6311  is used to be my "underdog" rear speakers driving by another Amp, McIntosh MC-162 ).

I just another Members to confirm the improvement of TVC C-Core that many members had experience.
Definitely I will by another TVC ( Signature Double C-Core) in near future.
Thanks Nicholas and Company to make fantastic products.
Harold.

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
Re: Promitheus TVC Reference C-Core elevated quality of sound
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2009, 02:25 am »
Harold,
I received my Reference C-Core TVC about a month back and I am NOT trying to burn-in. But even without that it has "upped" couple of notches on my system. The very first and foremost thing I noticed was a tight and tuneful bass. The second thing I noticed was a HUGE sound stage. Of course, this is AFTER the first 40 hours of play. Did you notice that even the MONO songs now have "space". Previously I used to feel as if the musicians, singers, backing vocals, all are crowded VERY CLOSE to a CENTER mic. But now it feels as if they have been asked to move out comfortably and retain their space - though a small one - compared to STEREO. But you can feel the singer in the middle and the sax/trumpets/etc from the sides. Also they seem to extend about 3-4 feet behind the their initial position. (e.g. Louis Armstrong - The Definitive Collection).

I also notice hugely improved "dynamics". The instruments seem to jump out from the speakers. I was surprised that my NAD integrated (now used as power amp) can handle this much pure music. The TVC brought out the NAD's strength. Basically, the sound is realistic. I feel that this TVC deserves a very good pair of mono blocks. I don't think I can afford a pair of mono blocks in the near future, but in a year of so I will look forward to upgrade to a separate power amp - albeit a used one. But at the moment I feel that every integrated amp owner who has got a MAIN IN, so that the integrated can be used as a power amp, should try one of Nicholas's TVCs and be prepared to be blown away.

Yes, Nicholas and team have made a superb product for regulars like us need not break the bank to get a great sound  :thumb:

Enjoy your music.

haroldgiang

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2009, 03:27 am »
Hi Milpai,
I noticed right from the first audition, TVC gives my speakers (CP-6311) more ambient that equal to BE-718.
Yes, the bass is more forceful and tight. The mono blocks will be a delight to pair with TVC.
I can not wait to hear what the improvement of this little wonder after it reach the break-in period.
Cheer
Harold

tanchiro58

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2009, 10:51 pm »
I just bought the nearly new Reference C-core TVC (monoblocks) from a close friend to try with my custombuilt push pull 2a3 monoblocs with OPT R-cores. They are excellent match and sound so revealing with more details and tight mid, low and deep bass. I love very much the sound of my system now.

http://www.promitheusaudio.com/Ref_c-core/index.htm