The Door's Greatest Hits 2 CD Pack

CastAwayWilson

« on: 27 Dec 2002, 08:16 am »
Any one else have this? I love it..... seems to be really good to me, I haven't outright noticed any flaws (haven't looked for any either) it is a tad quiet it seems, I think they are original and as untouched as possible because of that

MaxCast

« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2002, 12:58 pm »
Is this a new release?  I've had 2 CD set for many years, the one with Jim's mug on the cover.

CastAwayWilson

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2002, 08:31 pm »
Well hes missing his shirt, and his arms are spread like hes fallen (unknown soldier act on stage) or just messing around the tracks are

Disc: 1
1. Break on Through (To the Other Side)
2. Light My Fire
3. Crystal Ship
4. People Are Strange
5. Strange Days
6. Love Me Two Times
7. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
8. Five to One
9. Waiting for the Sun
10. Spanish Caravan
11. When the Music's Over
Disc: 2
1. Hello, I Love You
2. Roadhouse Blues
3. L.A. Woman
4. Riders on the Storm
5. Touch Me
6. Love Her Madly
7. Unknown Soldier
8. End

I kinda want the Box set, the Best of the Doors cds are not mine, I just recorded them onto my computer, and not until now did I really enjoy The Doors so much.....

look at amazon there has been a lot of "greatest" cds, but just to say, I really enjoy it, and its recent to me (well not that I've never heard them before), its just that I've listened to it on some thing that sound good, so my perspective is a lot different

CELT

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2003, 03:01 am »
I bought the boxed set (Elektra/The Doors: Complete Studio Recordings) a few years ago.  Great re-mastering job and all of the CD's are packaged in mini-LP jackets that are exact replica's of the original albums with replicas of the paper inner sleeves, gatefolds and vinyl record labels. L.A. Woman even has the see-thru mylar window with their picture and the rounded off corners. A first class job all the way!  :D