For all you home improvement couples...and everyone else too!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
When we were building 10 years ago, a trip to Lowes was our "hot date".  Maybe I need to get her back there again.   :roll: :wink: :oops:

JoshK

My ex and I completely renovated a rowhouse together.   Hence ex.

mcgsxr

I have been through a binge of house updates over the past 3 years, after doing very few things to the house for the first 6 (having 2 kids under 3 will do that for you!).

My wife and I got through it OK, but it can be tough at times for sure.  The basement was the easiest (very little input needed from anyone else, and the space was physically removed from the day to day life in the house), and the back yard the hardest.  The kitchen went surprisingly smoothly, since I spent a lot of time teasing out what she wanted prior to any hammers swinging.

We are very happy with what we have done to the place, and hopefully we will recover some of the $ in the event we sell.

As for hot dates, well now that the kids are 9 and 11 that still ain't happening much anyway  :lol:!

RDavidson

That's great. :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Too close to reality for my comfort.  And they didn't even mention wallpaper……..   :banghead: :cuss: :surrender:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Makes me look at Depot associates in a whole new light.  :lol:

As for Lowes, this commercial just cracks me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzwLSVJTCWc