BRYSTON DIGITAL PLAYER (BDP-1)

VOLKS

Re: BRYSTON DIGITAL PLAYER (BDP-1)
« Reply #280 on: 24 Jun 2010, 03:01 pm »
Can you put a Dac in it?........No wait i remember what you said earlier...."No Room" :shake: ....here is a thought..."Make Room" use a bigger box.......it cant be that hard???Bryston has so many diff sizes of boxes to choose from......no wait...that would mess up the sales/marketing on the BDP-1 since golly gee....i have to spend another 2K for it .........this product is Illogical in this reguard...No Dac and the price over 4 K for the combo if i wanna use the Bryston Dac.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #281 on: 24 Jun 2010, 03:40 pm »
Can you put a Dac in it?........No wait i remember what you said earlier...."No Room" :shake: ....here is a thought..."Make Room" use a bigger box.......it cant be that hard???Bryston has so many diff sizes of boxes to choose from......no wait...that would mess up the sales/marketing on the BDP-1 since golly gee....i have to spend another 2K for it .........this product is Illogical in this reguard...No Dac and the price over 4 K for the combo if i wanna use the Bryston Dac.

Its still going to be much cheaper than many currently available products offering similar performance in an all in one box/separate boxes and you also have the added cost savings and flexbilty of using either the DAC or the Player with other manufacturers products :D

Maybe it is not understood that adding a quality DAC and independent analog and digital power supplies and impedance matching multiple digital input connections and discrete analog output stage in the BDP-1 somehow gets added for free :D

james

VOLKS

« Reply #282 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:26 pm »
Its still going to be much cheaper than many currently available products offering similar performance in an all in one box/separate boxes and you also have the added cost savings and flexbilty of using either the DAC or the Player with other manufacturers products :D

Maybe it is not understood that adding a quality DAC and independent analog and digital power supplies and impedance matching multiple digital input connections and discrete analog output stage in the BDP-1 somehow gets added for free :D

james

How about a "Special Promotion" when this product is introduced then?If you buy the BDA-1 and BDP-1 together you save a a ceratin ammount?Not a said ammount set by the dealer,but an actuall savings ammount set by Bryston.Kind of a "Bundle Promotion"? :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #283 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:42 pm »
How about a "Special Promotion" when this product is introduced then?If you buy the BDA-1 and BDP-1 together you save a a ceratin ammount?Not a said ammount set by the dealer,but an actuall savings ammount set by Bryston.Kind of a "Bundle Promotion"? :thumb:

Hi,

Yes I like that idea :thumb: and I was thinking of having the option for anyone who has purchased a Bryston BDA-1 DAC in the previous 3 months (after we release the BDP-1) would also qualify for a package discount?

james

VOLKS

« Reply #284 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:49 pm »
Hi,

Yes I like that idea :thumb: and I was thinking of having the option for anyone who has purchased a Bryston BDA-1 DAC in the previous 3 months (after we release the BDP-1) would also qualify for a package discount?

james

Yes thats reasonable.That would be positive. :thumb:

BrysTony

« Reply #285 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:57 pm »
Hi,

james

Good idea, but I would like it a whole lot better if you would eliminate the words, "in the previous 3 months (after we release the BDP-1)".   :D
Tony

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #286 on: 24 Jun 2010, 05:01 pm »
Good idea, but I would like it a whole lot better if you would eliminate the words, "in the previous 3 months (after we release the BDP-1)".   :D
Tony

Tony - that might work - any customer that has purchased a BDA-1 and shows proof of purchase would qualify - I will give that some serious thought :thumb:

james

BrysTony

« Reply #287 on: 24 Jun 2010, 05:16 pm »
Tony - that might work - any customer that has purchased a BDA-1 and shows proof of purchase would qualify - I will give that some serious thought :thumb:

james

I like it!!   :thumb:

Napalm

« Reply #288 on: 24 Jun 2010, 05:39 pm »
Also a tax rebate for Ontario residents  :wink:

And additional 10% rebate for those that will have a 100% Made In Canada system (including speakers).

Also an additional 5% off for good old Napalm.

Nap.  :P

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #289 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:48 pm »

james

cool! :thumb:

al.