..vist to Greg Weaver's to audition the Ultra 9s and the new VAC integrated amp

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..my good friend and fellow VSA owner Brian Cox and I spent last Saturday afternoon in Greg Weaver's listening room auditioning the new Ultra 9s driven by Kevin Hayes' remarkable new VAC integrated.  Brian happens to be a degreed acoustics engineer and I always rely on his ears when auditioning anything.  Safe to say we were both more than a little impressed with what we heard...make that much more than a little  :thumb:  We heard a selection of FLAC files both 44.1 and DSDs and lastly some really cool vinyl.  Greg's Kronos Sparta TT with it's Helena arm and Air Tight PC-1 did a yeoman's job of providing what could only be described as a religious experience.  The combination of the Ultra 9s and the VAC integrated has to be as good as it gets if not better than anything out there period.  VSA and VAC have hit it way out of the park this time.  Congrats to Damon, Leif and of course Albert for building a pr of speakers that raises the bar significantly IMHO.  Also kudos to Kevin Hayes for designing and building an absolutely remarkable piece of gear.  So...if my ship comes in and I simultaneously hit the powerball, I'll be having a crew of Egyptians move all these earthly delights into my lower level listening room  8)..

Brian and Greg

Ultra 9 left channel

Ultra 9 right channel

VAC Integrated

Me and Brian

htradtk

Gavin, I’ll be the first to post! Must have been a fun day. That system must be unbelievable. Greg is a great host, I remember him well from the Capital Audio Fest. Wish I could have joined you all, I could have stayed the whole weekend! Hope to see many of you this November at the Capital Audio Fest!

Henry

es347

• Facilitator
..hi Henry yes it was a fun afternoon.  What wonderful sonics...great sound, great aesthetics

Delacroix

Love those speakers in that color -- gorgeous.  Sounds like a fun time - good pics too, thanks.

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Thanks for sharing, looks amazing. Can only imagine how good this combo performs.

Best regards, Jan

KLH007

Was it much like RMAF? If so, WOW! Simply jealous.

es347

• Facilitator
Was it much like RMAF? If so, WOW! Simply jealous.

..can’t say did not attend RMAF

gme109

I heard this similar set up at the RMAF last year. Without a doubt the best sound at the show, and the closest thing I've ever heard to a live performance from a High-end audio system.

KLH007

gme109, That room at 2018 RMAF was what I was referring to, Greg spun a bunch of sensational vinyl Saturday night and the system was out of this World, simply magical!