headphone amp for tv

mikeeastman

headphone amp for tv
« on: 15 Oct 2011, 12:04 am »
I want to use headphones on my tv, I think I need a headphone amp connected to audio out on tv? Will this let me still control volume with tv remote? Can any one recommend a cheap and cheerful amp. Don't need audiophile as it is tv only.

Thanks, Mike

WC

Re: headphone amp for tv
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2011, 12:23 am »
What sort of output does your TV have for audio? I have one that is toslink out and one with analog RCAs out, but in both cases they are only line level output so they don't change with the TV volume.

mikeeastman

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2011, 01:38 pm »
It has rca audio out and according to the manual your suppose to lower vol on tv when connecting it to an amp and use the amp for vol adjustment. I assume if I connect headphone amp  to them I could use tv remote to control vol. Tv is Samsung LCD that is 2 years old.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2011, 03:02 pm »
If it says that you would use the amp for volume adjustment it sounds like the analog audio outputs are fixed level.  What is the specific model of the Samsung TV?

Steve

mikeeastman

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2011, 01:49 pm »
Thanks for info, I have an IC that runs from entertainment center to side of my bed any reason not to put amp, with vol or gain control there? any recommendation on a headphone amp?