Warm and Pettable under $300.00

GRACE RUBY

Warm and Pettable under $300.00
« on: 23 Nov 2016, 08:56 pm »
I have not heard this, but hope some one enjoys this.

Go here to adopt one---

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=16276

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Warm and Pettable under $300.00
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2016, 09:45 pm »
Wow, that is one sweet looking rig for $299?  Nearly unbelievable, however the only thing that looks even slightly amiss is the very inefficient speakers.  Obviously trading bass extension for efficiency with that small driver and cabinet, not a bad thing overall.  Nice find.

syzygy

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2016, 09:46 pm »
no reviews

wushuliu

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2016, 11:01 pm »
Get what you pay for with monoprice.  They take cheap Chinese gear you can find on ebay and repackage in this case.

LOL it's  a 'hybrid'... Solid state...  With Bluetooth.  So the bulky rear is fake out to look like it has opt transformers.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2016, 11:55 pm »
The speakers might end up being the worst part of the setup.  They do have binding posts (yay!) vs spring clips, though (I usually complain about the latter).

But "retro" speakers?  Just in case normal cabinet edges or driver mounting hardware don't give you enough diffraction effect, just recess the baffle 1/2" to 3/4".  That'll take care of it!

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2016, 02:41 am »
I have not heard this, but hope some one enjoys this.

Go here to adopt one---

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=16276
Most of your posts are vague. How about posting a complete, thought out message for a change?
Is this something you really are considering or just throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks?

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2017, 02:25 am »
Most of your posts are vague. How about posting a complete, thought out message for a change?
Is this something you really are considering or just throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks?

and hello to you too BOB :thumb:
I will always be vague to certain and vary legitimate types of thinkers bob, in music i do things with my ears and head back, its sorta a poetry thing, I apologize as it is clear to me it can induce the same huge head ache many folks get being told how something sounds but with a oscilloscope and endless graphs. 
I am extremely right brained and emotionally tactile,  I judge all equipment by its ability to hypnotize me, if I have not heard it I shut up. which also most times leaves the door open for other opinions which is a niceness and hope is perceived as such.

But heres the numbers on this, I was hoping someone had heard this and could comment as to this rigs
worth when i come back in a month or so, As I am here now, I have a assignment from a client that is almost all joke and humor, to find a Hi End desk ornament that works,,,,by the way, have you heard this device???? I would like your opinion.

Grace Ruby

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2017, 02:42 am »
The speakers might end up being the worst part of the setup.  They do have binding posts (yay!) vs spring clips, though (I usually complain about the latter).

But "retro" speakers?  Just in case normal cabinet edges or driver mounting hardware don't give you enough diffraction effect, just recess the baffle 1/2" to 3/4".  That'll take care of it!

Hi SRB

the speakers gave me a really big laugh too!, first thing i thought about was the old advent speakers with the grill  tent cloth on it, you have a fast forensic eye, that can be real useful.
The old spring clips some speakers had/have ha ha ha could cut wires off the end and get stuck in the dam hole  :duh: if you do not solder the wire ends.

Ha Ha Ha it may be better if the mini woofers don't make much bass,
with grills that thick the woofer may spit the grill on you if loud and on your desk. my worry about this unit is push one speaker off your desk and it will drag whole unit to the ground, ha ha ha once put back on desk I think tubes may look vastly different, broken  :scratch:

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jan 2017, 02:54 am »
Get what you pay for with monoprice.  They take cheap Chinese gear you can find on ebay and repackage in this case.

LOL it's  a 'hybrid'... Solid state...  With Bluetooth.  So the bulky rear is fake out to look like it has opt transformers.

well hey wushuliu

great detective work, I am so stupid I was wondering how they fitted the transformer in there with the plug ha ha ha.

it appears this rig has high number factory assemble on it now, some reviewer I lost link to is saying it is a wonderful rig, ha ha maybe  he was bribed  :icon_twisted:

Some where out there is a desk top 3 inch passover-less dayton speaker and cab, but i can not find it, that might be real interesting with this unit.

PS are you a "Holy" man of some sort, not joking.
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2017, 11:03 pm by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jan 2017, 03:12 am »
Wow, that is one sweet looking rig for $299?  Nearly unbelievable, however the only thing that looks even slightly amiss is the very inefficient speakers.  Obviously trading bass extension for efficiency with that small driver and cabinet, not a bad thing overall.  Nice find.

Hi Letitroll98

stop the press's man   :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: no body mentioned the high and fancy speaker wire,""" with exceptional sonic performance"""" ha ha ha you have got to hand it to these guys they are trying to win hearts, based on appearance i may pass this on to my friend, some reviewer raved it, but if it is not even listenable i will be a dead man, my client by the way has whole lossless cd's on his phone, may sound nice

15519 Affinity™ Premium 14AWG Braided Speaker Wire with Gold Plated Banana Plug Connectors, 3ft

Monoprice Affinity Premium Braided Speaker Wire combines great looks and durability with exceptional sonic performance, making it the ideal speaker wire solution for the serious audiophile. The 14AWG copper conductors have been tinned to prevent corrosion and the braided fabric outer jacket not only helps prevent damage to the jacket, but also won't scratch your speaker cabinets. Each wire is pre-terminated with color-coded, gold plated banana plugs at each end, ensuring that you can quickly and accurately connect your speakers to your amplifier.

I BETTER KNOCK THIS OFF HERE, MODS WILL THINK I SELL THE THINGS, ha ha ha funny stuff tho

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jan 2017, 03:22 am »
no reviews

Hello syzygy

I noticed that, time will tell us different i hope :thumb:.