Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Grit

• - Garrett
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #640 on: 3 Jul 2014, 04:49 am »
Hi,

I'm  looking for some help with MM with BDP-1.

I have 3 problems since downloading MM.

1. There is someone else s play list loaded.. Sometimes, I can clear the playlist, sometimes  not.

2. The "Stopped" display flickers on and off under default view. It stops when I play a song, but it happens again if I stop and return to the default view.

3. When I play a song it plays properly and the progress bar timer counts up like it should but  “Player-Stopped” is displayed at the top and bottom of the screen.

Thanks

I had that exact same problem with the initial MM download. However, after about two updates (I know there was one, and I think there was one or two after that), it went away after i rebooted the BDP-2. I haven't seen it pop up again.

I found that initial install and getting past that bug was a bit frustrating. However, it all works now and I'm pretty happy with MM.

That reminds me... Chris, when i use MM via my 10" tablet, there's a funny alignment thing that comes up. Probably a justification tag in the HTML somewhere, or something else that has to do with alignment on the page. When I drill down into an album to select a song to add to my playlist, I then use the back button. When I do that, the whole page shifts so the top of the folder list is at the top of my screen, different from where it was before i hit the back button. So I have to scroll the whole page back up to the top before I can hit the back button again.

Is that in the code or is that caused by my browser? I'm using Chrome (updated) on an Android-based tablet.

Thanks, and great work on MM, it's very user friendly!

- Garrett

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #641 on: 4 Jul 2014, 12:57 am »
I had that exact same problem with the initial MM download. However, after about two updates (I know there was one, and I think there was one or two after that), it went away after i rebooted the BDP-2. I haven't seen it pop up again.

I found that initial install and getting past that bug was a bit frustrating. However, it all works now and I'm pretty happy with MM.

That reminds me... Chris, when i use MM via my 10" tablet, there's a funny alignment thing that comes up. Probably a justification tag in the HTML somewhere, or something else that has to do with alignment on the page. When I drill down into an album to select a song to add to my playlist, I then use the back button. When I do that, the whole page shifts so the top of the folder list is at the top of my screen, different from where it was before i hit the back button. So I have to scroll the whole page back up to the top before I can hit the back button again.

Is that in the code or is that caused by my browser? I'm using Chrome (updated) on an Android-based tablet.

Thanks, and great work on MM, it's very user friendly!

- Garrett

Hi Garrett,

The jumping down to the folder is intended, however you don't have to scroll through all the way back to the top of the list.  Rather then scrolling back up by swiping the library list (right column), swipe back up using the center column.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #642 on: 4 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm »
That's odd, is it still doing it?

It changed in to staying blacked out now,
while playing through the iPhone / mm interface . Lighting Up after remote commanding the Dac with the br2. Obviously that also triggers the bda.

Marius

vklyushnikov

« Reply #643 on: 6 Jul 2014, 07:14 pm »
Hi
I've installed a latest Manic Moose (S2.04 2014-06-19) on my new BDP-2 and noticed lots of bugs with media player. Some are already reported on this thread, some are not. Most annoying for me is constantly broken artist list showing only single artist. I've figured out that I may remove .albums/artistList file on scratch drive and view will be rebuilt. But now I am constantly adding music to my ssd and all those bugs are real pain.
So I would like to know - what is a roadmap for Manic Moose? When we can expect relatively stable release? Media Player is a core feature and it should be rock solid. Also I suggest to setup a public bug tracker system. Forum is not the best engine for reporting bugs - you can believe me as I'm professional software developer and fix bugs too  :)

Falldog

« Reply #644 on: 6 Jul 2014, 09:00 pm »
Spent the weekend upgrading my BDP-2 with an Internal SSD Drive and I loaded Manic Moose (S2.04 2014-06-19).  After upgrade, my BDP-2 reports "BDP has no internet connection".  My BDP-2 is using DHCP.  I never had this problem before.  Other computers on my home network do not have an issue and are working fine.

I noticed the Network Interface settings shows the wrong Gateway Address.  The Gateway Address is showing the Broadcast Address for the subnet. My ATT uVerse router allows only two subnet choices:  192.168.1.0/24 or 172.16.0.0/16.  Manic Moose is showing 192.168.1.255 as the Gateway Address....it should be .254.  I switched over to 172.16.0.0/16 subnet and Manic Moose is showing 172.16.255.255 as the Gateway Address....is should be 172.16.0.1.

What can I do?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #645 on: 6 Jul 2014, 09:13 pm »
Spent the weekend upgrading my BDP-2 with an Internal SSD Drive and I loaded Manic Moose (S2.04 2014-06-19).  After upgrade, my BDP-2 reports "BDP has no internet connection".  My BDP-2 is using DHCP.  I never had this problem before.  Other computers on my home network do not have an issue and are working fine.

I noticed the Network Interface settings shows the wrong Gateway Address.  The Gateway Address is showing the Broadcast Address for the subnet. My ATT uVerse router allows only two subnet choices:  192.168.1.0/24 or 172.16.0.0/16.  Manic Moose is showing 192.168.1.255 as the Gateway Address....it should be .254.  I switched over to 172.16.0.0/16 subnet and Manic Moose is showing 172.16.255.255 as the Gateway Address....is should be 172.16.0.1.

What can I do?

I will let Chris respond but it is normal for MM to show 'no network connection' initially after a download.  It checks every 10 minutes on the 10 and will show 'normal operation' at that point.

james

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #646 on: 7 Jul 2014, 07:28 am »
I experienced all of those errors. They all went away through subsequent Manic Moose updates. Once you have MM installed, you should be able to update it via the web interface.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #647 on: 7 Jul 2014, 06:46 pm »
Gary:

Thank you for the very clear and logical set of instructions.

It is a rarity to find something so well written and concise. The Moose is wonderful and a huge upgrade. It is truly well thought out and I am very impressed with your software and your support as always. Keep up the good work!

I'll write if I have some questions (I usually do!)

Thanks to you and James for turning me on to this.

Lee Fitzgerald

Falldog

« Reply #648 on: 8 Jul 2014, 01:25 am »
July 7, 2014

My Manic Moose (S2.04 2014-06-19) started to show "BDP at normal operation" soon after my post.  But, the "Gateway:" address is still showing 192.168.1.255.  The actual gateway address is .254.  The .255 is the broadcast address on this /24 subnet.  After checking the network interface screen, the BDP-2 reports "BDP has no internet connection".  I let it sit a bit, and it seems happy again.

Noticed other change with my remote control.  I use to be able to hit 'stop', then 'play' and it would start playing the song where i left off.  Now, when I hit play it goes back to the start of the play list.  I can hit 'Pause' to stop, then hit 'Pause' again, and the song will start where I left off.   I usually build a large playlist and I leave the BDP-2 power on all the time.  Is it ok to leave a song in 'Pause' over night or over the weekend?

Most (almost all) of my Album Cover ART is missing from the Artist view.

I like to build large play lists and listen to music while I work.  I tried to adjust Maximum Playlist Length beyond 300 to 500...but i can't get the change to take affect.  My playlist is limited to 300 songs.

New Feature Request:  Shuffle By Album.  I like to listen to music by album...cuz i am old I guess.  Would be nice to Shuffle by album.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #649 on: 8 Jul 2014, 10:09 am »
July 7, 2014

My Manic Moose (S2.04 2014-06-19) started to show "BDP at normal operation" soon after my post.  But, the "Gateway:" address is still showing 192.168.1.255.  The actual gateway address is .254.  The .255 is the broadcast address on this /24 subnet.  After checking the network interface screen, the BDP-2 reports "BDP has no internet connection".  I let it sit a bit, and it seems happy again.

Noticed other change with my remote control.  I use to be able to hit 'stop', then 'play' and it would start playing the song where i left off.  Now, when I hit play it goes back to the start of the play list.  I can hit 'Pause' to stop, then hit 'Pause' again, and the song will start where I left off.   I usually build a large playlist and I leave the BDP-2 power on all the time.  Is it ok to leave a song in 'Pause' over night or over the weekend?

Most (almost all) of my Album Cover ART is missing from the Artist view.

I like to build large play lists and listen to music while I work.  I tried to adjust Maximum Playlist Length beyond 300 to 500...but i can't get the change to take affect.  My playlist is limited to 300 songs.

New Feature Request:  Shuffle By Album.  I like to listen to music by album...cuz i am old I guess.  Would be nice to Shuffle by album.

Hi Falldog

What interface are you using - IPAD or ITOUCH or IPHONE?

james

Alpha10

« Reply #650 on: 10 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm »
Chris/James,

I finally took the plunge today to take my Flash card out and upgrade to MM. I have a bit of a problem, my BDP1 has a 4GB card in it, so about 3.54GB when formatted, well the unzipped version img file of MM is 3.82GB and therefore I get a warning that there is insufficient room on the disc. Please help!

Cheers

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #651 on: 10 Jul 2014, 01:19 pm »
You won't need to format the card yourself. You want to "image" the flash card with the contents of the zip file. See the tutorial here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/705xrtxd1xulcw5/BDP%20Manual%20Manic%20Moose%20Install.pdf

Alpha10

« Reply #652 on: 10 Jul 2014, 01:23 pm »
You won't need to format the card yourself. You want to "image" the flash card with the contents of the zip file. See the tutorial here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/705xrtxd1xulcw5/BDP%20Manual%20Manic%20Moose%20Install.pdf

Those are the instructions I have followed, nothing to do with the formatting, the image file is too big for the 4GB card that was in my BDP1.

Cheers

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #653 on: 10 Jul 2014, 01:40 pm »
They all have 4GB cards in them. When you use a disk utility to flash the card, the format contained in the image gets written bit for bit onto the CF card and overwrites any format on the disk. Presuming you use Windows, are you using the Win32 disk imager software? Can you post a screen shot of the failure you get?

-Gary

Alpha10

« Reply #654 on: 10 Jul 2014, 01:47 pm »
Here you go:

Cheers

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #655 on: 10 Jul 2014, 05:23 pm »
Apologies to you. I just spoke with Chris and he mentioned that he prepared an image specifically for your card.

Alpha10

« Reply #656 on: 10 Jul 2014, 05:44 pm »
Apologies to you. I just spoke with Chris and he mentioned that he prepared an image specifically for your card.

Thanks, I was just going to post a big thank you to James and Chris for their help, I am now up and running, happy days, fantastic support as always  :thumb: :thumb:

I think it was to do with the Kingston CF cards.

Cheers

Falldog

« Reply #657 on: 11 Jul 2014, 01:40 am »
Hey James,

In response to your question:  "Hi Falldog What interface are you using - IPAD or ITOUCH or IPHONE?

Neither....I am using Firefox Ver 30.0 web browser on a Mac Pro running 10.9.4.

I see same problem with Safari.  Artist view is broke...no album art....does not list all the Artists or Albums.  I' am using the Default view to build my playlist.

I have not tried my IPhone. 

CraigS720

« Reply #658 on: 11 Jul 2014, 01:56 am »
Falldog/James,

I am having the same problem using the iPhone and iPad. No album art, artists or albums.

Craig

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #659 on: 11 Jul 2014, 10:26 am »
Hi

I am using Google Chrome: