Weird problem

Spyman

Weird problem
« on: 18 Apr 2021, 10:34 pm »
Once more I’m calling on you fellow forum members to help me with a problem with my BDP-1. Yesterday morning I created a playlist that played without any problems. I left all gear on and in the afternoon returned to listen some more. When I hit the Bryston icon on the screen of my iPad, all that happened was I got a blank white screen. I closed the iPad and tried again and this time I got a screen that said, “Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.”  I tried all kinds of things, like unplugging the BDP, rebooting it several times, reinstalling the software, but nothing has helped. This same thing happens on both the iPad and iPhone.

I thought of something this morning and it worked; I opened Safari on the iPad and typed the IP Address in the address bar. Manic Moose opened just like it had been opened from the iPad screen. I still can’t open it that way. I also tried my desktop using Windows 10 and it worked just fine. I can control the BDP both by using Safari on the iPad and Windows on my PC. So why can’t I open Manic Moose using the icon on the iPhone or iPad? I would look at settings, but the last time I did that, I had to have Chris help me get out the mess I caused! 😜

I’m using version S2.44 2020-12-01. MPD 0.18.21

Anybody have any ideas? Chris?

BCRich1

Re: Weird problem
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2021, 11:01 pm »
Check the IP addresses of the Icon vs the BDP-1. Another option would be to delete the bookmark, connect to the BDP-1 in Safari and then create a new save to your Home Screen Icon.

Spyman

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2021, 11:17 pm »
I’ll try that. Thanks!

Spyman

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2021, 11:32 pm »
BCRich, thank you! I deleted the old icon, went to the site on Safari and added it back to the screen. An excellent suggestion! It works just fine. Now, when we get up to a foot of snow tomorrow afternoon, I can listen to music as easily as I always could. 😁

BCRich1

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2021, 11:38 pm »
Something must have changed somehow. If you can, reserve the BDP-1’s IP address in your Router configuration that way it won’t get handed out to a different device. Stay safe and enjoy the music.