CNC mono chassis $71.50ea + shipping Utah

Rclark

Re: CNC mono chassis $71.50ea + shipping Utah
« Reply #40 on: 30 May 2012, 07:57 pm »
If we're dealing with Silicon Ray on an individual basis now, then why can't we get different holes cut since it looks like now we aren't getting any parts installed on it? Who's Mike? Is Silicon Ray doing all the work? What happened to the posts? Do we buy those ourselves now? If so, I'd rather just do cardas anyway. It's all a bit confusing.

Thank you.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2012, 08:59 pm »
Latest updates:

All buyers order direct from Silicon Ray.  I'm technically out of your loop, thank goodness.  This change occurred after TrungT alerted me that paying me subjects buyers to two Paypal fees (3% me, SR charges 3.5% for Paypal their only known payment method).   

Mike @ SR could not open the first CAD file.  I await confirmation he opened the latest (2nd) CAD file.   

I also await copy of the Ncore logo from John at Acoustic Imagery (thanks!) and/or Jan-Peter at Hypex for buyers like myself and jon bee that desire such. 

I also await Mike to tell me how buyers should confirm they get the appropriate Ncore mono chassis holes (I propose my last name just to avoid confusion with any other Ncore design).

After all above confirmed, start clicking at the Silicon Ray website.

Holler if I can help, phone might be better 435 213 3953. 

Please don't ask Mike to change anything on the CAD file.  He did not make the file. 

I asked Mike to confirm his earlier $10 quote for laser etch and then I received this unedited and complete email:
I'm guessing $15 for the Ncore logo once/if I receive the appropriate file.  For logo location (white over black only from earlier email) I'm thinking center front but I'm curious what is your preference for the logo location if you were to get it.  Is it not true that power amp logos most often locate faceplate center?   

Toss earlier prices based on me receiving all and then re-shipping. 

AFAIK, 48-state USA price per chassis is:

$49 silver face
$54 black face
$20 ea chassis shipping
$10 ea chassis CNC cutting (no modifications AFAIK)
Subtotal
Silver $79ea no laser etch
Black $84ea no laser etch
Add $10-15 ea order handling

Add $10-$15 ea chassis laser etch white over black only, face or top, price depends on size, bigger is sometimes better but in this case it's more costly

Only acceptable logo file is "Coreldraw" cdr, scale 1:1. 

Sorry if this question has already been addressed. How and when do you want to receive payment?

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #42 on: 30 May 2012, 10:48 pm »
If we're dealing with Silicon Ray on an individual basis now, then why can't we get different holes cut

I don't know why you can or can't do anything.

since it looks like now we aren't getting any parts installed on it?

I have no idea on earth what you refer to above.

Who's Mike?

I respectfully request you read this thread. 

Is Silicon Ray doing all the work?

No idea what you mean by "all the work?"

What happened to the posts?  Do we buy those ourselves now?

Again, what are you talking about?  Posts don't appear under accounting. 

If so, I'd rather just do cardas anyway. It's all a bit confusing.

Do as you please.  Maybe confusion is under rated.  I very respectfully suggest someone other than you build your Ncore.  Best wishes. 

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 30 May 2012, 10:55 pm »
All transactions switched from me to direct purchase from Silicon Ray.  If orders go through me buyers would have pay two Paypal fees (SR charges 3.5%).   

I await reply from SR regarding:

1. Confirmation they received and opened the CAD file for CNC pre-cut model RE2207 chassis for Ncore mono block design as per OP in this thread.

2. How do I specify and pay for "Romeyn" CAD/CNC design when we order?

3. Does SR have the Ncore logo in correct file and if yes, how do I specify and pay for same upon order?

As soon as I find out I'll post here.

My current count is 31 chassis, well past the MOQ of 20.

Rclark

« Reply #44 on: 30 May 2012, 11:55 pm »
So binding posts etc aren't part of the deal? Sorry if asking questions seems uppity  :scratch:

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #45 on: 31 May 2012, 12:08 am »
So binding posts etc aren't part of the deal? Sorry if asking questions seems uppity  :scratch:

It's not uppity.  You're either not reading or comprehending what's there.  In the OP list of every item for which money changes hands: are binding posts listed?  I appreciate your optimism, but who gives away free binding posts?  Please read the last line of the OP.   

bhakti

« Reply #46 on: 31 May 2012, 12:16 am »
never mind  :?

Rclark

« Reply #47 on: 31 May 2012, 12:20 am »
I didn't think they were free. Ok, so you're just cutting holes for those specific posts, which we buy on our own, got it. I was under the impression you were buying them because you had mentioned sourcing a bunch and, sorry for not paying attention.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #48 on: 31 May 2012, 12:38 am »
69 ea price includes $20 ea shipping, same as before....all ok

I'm checking out 6 chassis now and will report back in a minute.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #49 on: 31 May 2012, 03:46 am »
SR will engrave this Ncore logo $10 ea, but only with stipulations below.  Ignore the bamboo face panel:

Mike's email at SR: sales@siliconray.com   Mike's Paypal address is: newtonian@263.net

Mention "Romeyn Ncore" in email and/or at Paypal checkout for this particular chassis.

Note: add 3.5% Paypal fee to total
Chassis uncut black or silver face same $49 (black normally $54)
CNC cut for Romeyn Ncore $10ea
Shipping to USA (may be same world wide I don't know) 4 or less pieces $25ea, 5 or more pieces $20ea
Ncore logo engraving $10ea but only as follows: white only, not etched as I mentioned earlier but rather engraved (I don't know the difference), only on center of black "front panel"
Add $10 to $15 (depends on location) per order handling fee to USA only (fee unknown outside USA)

Mike emailed me:
James

please tell them to notes Romeyn Ncore in paypal.

Ncore logo is not eached, it's laser engraving, on black frontpanel only.

I won't charge extra $ for black frontpanel for this GB.

Mike

HT cOz

« Reply #50 on: 31 May 2012, 01:10 pm »
My current count is 31 chassis, well past the MOQ of 20.

James,

I think its great that you have arranged this for the AC members.  I hope everyone understands how much better it is for James to have you buy direct from SR.  31 chassis broken down from bulk, screws sorted, repackaged and shipped is no small task.  I bet it would take the better part of a day or two.  It is worlds better to have that work performed in China and shipped directly to the end user.

Robert
« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2012, 04:10 am by HT cOz »

joeling39

« Reply #51 on: 31 May 2012, 01:52 pm »
James,

Thanks for your efforts. I have just emailed Mike.

Regards,
Joe Ling

mr_bill

« Reply #52 on: 31 May 2012, 01:58 pm »
James,
NCore will be on the top toward the center, front of the chassis - not the faceplate, like in the picture?
That would be good.

joeling39

« Reply #53 on: 31 May 2012, 03:46 pm »
Quick update :

The sales team has come back with a quote & I have just made payment via paypal.

Regards,
Joe Ling

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #54 on: 31 May 2012, 04:45 pm »
James,
NCore will be on the top toward the center, front of the chassis - not the faceplate, like in the picture?
That would be good.

Ncore logo (thanks Bruno, Jan-Peter @ Hypex for the logo) engraves in white @ center of black face panel only.

I ordered six last night:
chassis black face panel $49
CNC $10
shipping 20ea
Ncore logo engrave as above $10
Sub $89 x 6 = $534
Handling to zip 84332 $10
$544 + 3.5% PP ($19.04) = $563.04 total/6 = $93.84ea delivered ready to rock and roll.

I'm very happy, worth all the effort to just bolt together and solder six chassis.  The logo ("Ncore audio power by Hypex") adds appropriate OEM flavor.   

St_PatGuy

« Reply #55 on: 1 Jun 2012, 01:27 am »
James,

Also another thanks for your efforts putting this together.  This morning I sent Mike payment for my chassis.

Sean

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #56 on: 1 Jun 2012, 02:28 am »
I more or less enjoyed the effort.  You can see, making six amps, why I would never prefer to cut 90 holes, six of them rectangular for the IEC.

I apologize for never considering that there would be two Paypal fees till TrungT mentioned it.  That, plus I suspected Mike might not appreciate a dozen separate orders.  Thanks to Mike for accommodating separate orders, too.   

I will compare and report findings, one Ncore with normal binding post connection (internal speaker lead soldered) vs. another amp connected per Ric Schultz' recipe.  Source is Trinaural center channel output, avoiding the phase anomalies resulting from summed L+R mono.  I hope the difference is negligible but we'll see.     

santacore

« Reply #57 on: 1 Jun 2012, 03:15 am »
Are you guys just adding 2 cases to the cart and doing the payment math on your own? I sent a request for a Paypal invoice today or at least advice on the best way to proceed, but haven't received a response. I just want to follow the same protocol as others in the group.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 1 Jun 2012, 03:56 am »
Via email Mike listed all my costs.  I sent money via Paypal and await reply.  Add "Romeyn Ncore" in the Paypal notes.

If you're in the 48 states everything is itemized in my posts above except the only unknown is your handling fee, between 10 to 15, which you can find at their website with your address entered.

Shipping is 20ea chassis (4 chassis or less) or 25ea (5 or more).

Black or silver face same $49 (normally 54 for black) 

Add 3.5% to your total for Paypal fee.   

santacore

« Reply #59 on: 1 Jun 2012, 04:19 am »
Thanks James for the help, and your time and effort getting this together.