Curly Maple Diluceo's from Darren Thomas (more new pics)

Danny Richie

Pictures just don't do these justice.

With even a slight head movement the look of these speakers begins to change as the shades of light and dark are constantly moving.

Nice work Darren Thomas!

I will be proud to show these babies off at the VSAC 2003 event in a few weeks.

The sprayed lacquer looks as smooth as glass, shines like chrome, and looks wet as.....   :smoke:   well you get the picture.

audiojerry

« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2003, 10:19 pm »
Aren't you taunting us with a cabinet that no one else can have built, thanks to DT's retirement, or have I been out of touch?  :?

Danny Richie

Good looking cabinets
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2003, 09:51 pm »
Aren't you taunting us with a cabinet that no one else can have built, thanks to DT's retirement, or have I been out of touch?

Oh, I am sure that he will get back into the game at some point. He just moved recently and has a lot of settling in to do I would imagine.

You could get Brian at Rutledge to build a pair with the same veneer, but he hasn't gotten into spraying lacquer yet.

Anything is possible.

These looked to good not to show them off.

I'll have these on had in a few weeks at the VSAC 2003 show in Silverdale, WA.

Now if I can just get them burned it by then. That's what they are doing right now.

Darren Thomas

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2003, 11:22 pm »
Sweet, I'm very glad you like them Danny. They sure do look good with the drivers installed. Do you still plan on stopping by when you are in the neighborhood for the Silverdale visit?

As Danny said, I may get back into the biz a little down the road. Not sure how many orders I'd be able to take at once though. I'll keep ya posted.

Darren

Hoots

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2003, 03:02 am »
The final shots seem to do a great job of showing them off...very nice!

Brian Bunge

« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2003, 02:28 pm »
No, I'm not quite ready to take on spraying just yet, but Darren has been very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions concerning spraying finishes.  I can get a pretty nice gloss finish with our handrubbed gloss poly, but I haven't tried going much over about 6-8 coats.  I'll have to try 10-12 coats on some maple cabinets sometime soon and see how it comes out.