SongTower "RT's" in natural solid bamboo - SOLD

jsalk

SongTower "RT's" in natural solid bamboo - SOLD
« on: 10 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm »
This is a pair of SongTowers we built especially for Rocky Mountain Audiofest.  They were packed in our special "show" crate, played for three days at the show, repacked and returned to the shop.  They are now available for immediate delivery.

Here is a picture of the pair...

This pair was built with solid bamboo and includes the RAAL ribbon tweeter.  We also used a custom black anodized nameplate and installed Cardas Premium posts.  New, these would run $3095 for the pair.  They are in pristine condition.  But because they are not new, we are throwing in the $300 bamboo upgrade and the $100 Cardas posts.  This pair is available for $2695 and is ready to go.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2011, 01:55 pm by jsalk »

rockadanny

Re: SongTower "RT's" in natural solid bamboo
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2011, 12:55 pm »
Beautiful!  :thumb:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2011, 01:02 pm »
I really love the look of a full baffle.

gregcss

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:40 pm »
Looks great indeed! Is a full baffle included in the bamboo upgrade?

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:52 pm »
These are the best SongTowers I have heard yet, the RAAL tweeter is real sweet.

Here is a another shot of them in the wild:

Wayne

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:08 pm »
Hey Wayne, wait til you see the surprise Jim has for all of you wrt ST's coming soon.....shhhh :no_speak:

I'm in trouble now.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:16 pm »

The bamboo upgrade doesn't require either hardwood corner pieces or veneering, so going with bamboo automatically gets you the full baffle.

If you don't need more exotic grain patterns, bamboo is a good choice and is an environmentally greener material.  They could be veneered over the bamboo at extra cost of course, but the bamboo is ready to go as is.

On a custom order they can be dyed to adjust the color.  Jim, can they also be ordered constructed with the carmelized bamboo material?

Steve

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:33 pm »

Since bamboo is a hardwood (hard grass as it were), you can do a full front baffle without having to use hardwood trim.  So, yes, a full front baffle can be part of a bamboo upgrade.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:39 pm »

Jim, can they also be ordered constructed with the carmelized bamboo material?

Steve

I'm not quite sure what material you are referring to.  There are versions in darker colors.  These are called Honey, Dark, Neopolitan, Amber and Havana.  You can also get them in edge grain or flat grain.  So there are quite a few options.  This pair is in Natural edge grain.

- Jim

srb

« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2011, 04:38 pm »
I'm not quite sure what material you are referring to.

'Carmelized' or 'Carbonized' bamboo refers to the process of heating the bamboo and the resultant sugar crystalization imparts a natural darker honey color throughout the material (not just on the surface).

Further research reveals that the carbonizing process also reduces the strength ~ 20% - so never mind !

Steve

teckert1078

« Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2011, 04:42 am »
I just sold my B&W 804s and purchased these today.  I can't wait to be part of the salk owners family.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #11 on: 15 Nov 2011, 04:51 am »
I just sold my B&W 804s and purchased these today.  I can't wait to be part of the salk owners family.

Nice first post..

V..

dakulis

« Reply #12 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:17 am »
Congratulations on a great looking pair of speakers.  Let us know how they compare to your old 804s.  I'm betting you will be very surprised by the improvement in detail, smooth mids and the new found bass. 

teckert1078

« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:56 am »
Jim Shipped these today and I will be recieving them tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I just have to find my speaker cables.  I have a pair of reality cables just have to figure out where they are.