OT: MAC users

AKY

« on: 20 May 2004, 10:13 am »
Hi Fellows,

I'm thinking about purchasing a new  iBook and the cheapest place I've found online so far is   http://www.macshack.com.au    Has anybody got experience with them or could you suggest other reputable discounters?

Cheers,

Andrew

Pheno

ibook
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2004, 04:16 am »
Look on www.dealmac.com javascript:emoticon(':D').  They are the purveyor of low price in the mac world.  Many deals can be made and the site is updated daily.  There are often many options, regarding Mac cpu's that you may not be aware of but learn of quickly on a site such as this.   Take a look..

Todd :D

AKY

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2004, 01:26 am »
Hi Todd,

Just had a quick look.  There might be some deals on last year's Powerbooks at about the same cost as new iBooks.  Have you had any problems with international shipping?

Andrew

Pheno

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2004, 02:20 am »
Actually I am in the States so I have not had to deal with this problem.  Many of the companies that are cited on the web are reputable, but you would have to check each individual company to see whether they ship abroad.  I can't imagine why an ibook would be difficult to ship.  

PS.  Apple also maintains web sites in each country and some of these sites sell refurbished Apple equipment (with full Apple warranty) for a reduced rate.  The UK web site offers this equipment each Wednesday.  You might want to check out the Aussie Apple web site, perhaps they do this as well.  Just to let you know I bought my Apple Titanium as a refurbished model for about the same as I would have paid for a new ibook (and it was a G4 not a G3), and it has been wonderful - no regrets.

Todd

AKY

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2004, 12:01 pm »
Thanks Todd,  

I'll check with both AppleOz and DealMAC.

Andrew

EchiDna

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2004, 11:35 pm »
I guess this could always happen to you ;-)

http://personal.stevens.edu/~achadzyn/powerbook/