iTunes and Cover Art for .aiff Files

gbaby

Re: iTunes and Cover Art for .aiff Files
« Reply #40 on: 21 Jul 2019, 11:11 pm »
Sieg = Victory
Flac = audio codec    :lol:

a variant of "Sieg, Heil", the Nazi rally cry.   :o

That "Send Them Back" rally occurred 43 miles from my house. :( The Nazi reference is accurate.

Krutsch

« Reply #41 on: 22 Jul 2019, 02:29 am »
Not true as the few CDs that did not give cover art in .aiff, I tried to encode them in flac too, but no cover art on that codec either.

FLAC metadata processing on the BDPs is very robust, in my experience, so something else is wrong.

Well, unless you have multi-disc albums, along with some other issues that Manic Moose can't handle.

gbaby

« Reply #42 on: 24 Jul 2019, 07:49 pm »
FLAC metadata processing on the BDPs is very robust, in my experience, so something else is wrong.

Well, unless you have multi-disc albums, along with some other issues that Manic Moose can't handle.

I am getting around 95% cover art using .aiff codec with the dbpoweramp so as far as I'm concerned, nothing is wrong. The few cover art I don't get goes into the nothing is perfect category.  :wink:

gbaby

« Reply #43 on: 24 Jul 2019, 07:50 pm »
delete

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #44 on: 24 Jul 2019, 08:55 pm »
I am getting around 95% cover art using .aiff codec with the dbpoweramp so as far as I'm concerned, nothing is wrong. The few cover art I don't get goes into the nothing is perfect category. :wink:

Yup. Life's just too short to worry about getting perfection.
Enjoy the musik.   :thumb:

srb

« Reply #45 on: 24 Jul 2019, 09:05 pm »
I am getting around 95% cover art using .aiff codec with the dbpoweramp so as far as I'm concerned, nothing is wrong. The few cover art I don't get goes into the nothing is perfect category.  ;)

But for the other 5% you manually paste the album artwork into the file metadata, right?  So you still have 100% artwork, just not 100% automated?

FWIW, I sometimes find that iTunes fails to retrieve artwork for albums that are in the iTunes store!

gbaby

« Reply #46 on: 24 Jul 2019, 09:25 pm »
But for the other 5% you manually paste the album artwork into the file metadata, right?  So you still have 100% artwork, just not 100% automated?

FWIW, I sometimes find that iTunes fails to retrieve artwork for albums that are in the iTunes store!

Pasting the meta data is something I cannot do because I don't know how to do it. Then, there are a few CDs where you have to write the title and song compositions. Too bad for me.  :oops:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: 24 Jul 2019, 09:36 pm »
It is true that iTunes fails to retrieve art some of the time. But I don't mind the somewhat longer route: I Google an album, go to Images, and then find the cover art to copy/paste into the album folder. Using xxx-cover.jpg  so that MPD/BDP will display it under the Bryston app. (allmusic and Discogs usually have the cover art for copying).

But you probably knew that already.... :roll:

gbaby

« Reply #48 on: 25 Jul 2019, 12:34 am »
It is true that iTunes fails to retrieve art some of the time. But I don't mind the somewhat longer route: I Google an album, go to Images, and then find the cover art to copy/paste into the album folder. Using xxx-cover.jpg  so that MPD/BDP will display it under the Bryston app. (allmusic and Discogs usually have the cover art for copying).

But you probably knew that already.... :roll:

Never assume anything as I did not know that. It makes a lot of sense too. :oops: Thanks.  :duh:

gbaby

« Reply #49 on: 7 Aug 2019, 04:35 pm »
I am about a one third of the way to finishing re-ripping my CD collection in .aiff codec using dbpoweramp. I am becoming more fascinated with the improved sound quality using dbpoweramp vs. iTunes. I purchased a 5 CD set of albums from Esther Phillips, and the sound is so good, its like I have an entirely new system. Wow!

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #50 on: 7 Aug 2019, 04:46 pm »
I purchased a 5 CD set of albums from Esther Phillips, and the sound is so good, its like I have an entirely new system. Wow!

Is it this one?

gbaby

« Reply #51 on: 7 Aug 2019, 05:07 pm »
Is it this one?

That is exactly the one I am speaking about. Although these recordings are old, they sound magnificent. I think you and I are brothers from another mother. Wow! :lol: As a matter of fact, I have purchased just about every one of the Original Albums series. They sound great. Its a great way to purchase older albums many of which sound better than newer recordings. I never knew how great Roberta Flack sounded until I purchased her 5 CD series. I got them all from The Associations to the Young Rascals. The stereo is killer.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #52 on: 7 Aug 2019, 05:09 pm »
Me just psychic, bro.   :o

gbaby

« Reply #53 on: 20 Aug 2019, 01:31 am »
I figured out how to get cover art from CDs that don't have it. It was simple once I learned it. This cover art discovery using dbpoweramp is causing me to discover CDs I owned that I never listen to since I am reimporting my entire library. I am going to be having fun with my BDP. 8) Also, the cover art is quite colorful and makes me better appreciate the appearance of the black and white Manic Moose interface with the color in the middle. Its very easy on the eyes.