RMAF field report 10/3/09@11:10PM

OgOgilby

Re: RMAF field report 10/3/09@11:10PM
« Reply #40 on: 6 Oct 2009, 09:32 pm »
Great post Wayner - and thanks for including the pics.

Is Soundscape 12 official?

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 6 Oct 2009, 10:21 pm »
Wayne,

This was also the first time I had met Jim and Mary Salk. I thought after the 3rd day, they were like family to me. They are wonderful people, dedicated to their product and customers. Jim seems to be always thinking of better ways to deliver fine speaker systems. I was very proud to be a small part of the organization and the memories of the show will be with me forever. I also met many AC members, all exceptional people and fun to be with.

There is always a sense of "family" and sincerity when you are around Jim and Mary...it has been always my personal experience with them. Great people to be around. It was very nice meeting you at the show.  :thumb:

Alex

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #42 on: 6 Oct 2009, 11:46 pm »
Great post Wayner - and thanks for including the pics.

Is Soundscape 12 official?

Ooops.   Wayner's a great guy, and I agree with everything he said about Jim and Mary (and he fortnunately didn't say anything about me), but Jim was just floating an idea by him.   Nothing is official yet.  I'm still holding out for Bruce.   Or perhaps Doris. 

Wayner

« Reply #43 on: 7 Oct 2009, 02:18 am »
Oops, Sorry Dennis! I'm still tired from the show! Yes it's quiet the organization at Salk. It is similar to AVA with many people behind the scenes. I also enjoyed meeting Dennis and sharing some interesting discussions over a few meals. There were also some very interesting stories.

Is Soundscape 12 official? Ask Jim. All I know is that was the name we were using on Sunday.

Wayner  :D

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #44 on: 7 Oct 2009, 02:23 am »
I am going to rush over to the "Name the "Beast/HT4" thread and suggest "Soundscape".  BRB    :D

Nuance

« Reply #45 on: 7 Oct 2009, 05:24 am »
Sometimes one picture says it all.  aa

Wayner  :D

Okay...I obviously missed the boat on this one.  I've seen this guy's pic posted numerous times in this forum, and even being used as someone's avatar, and he's always leaning on a speaker (or something).  Who is he and what is the significance?  I feel like the stupid guy in the room who doesn't get the punch line of a joke everyone is laughing at.  :oops:  :duh:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #46 on: 7 Oct 2009, 05:34 am »
lonewolfny42, the facilitator of The Starting Block, member of the New York Audio Rave, and "speaker model".  lonewolfny42's photograph next to a speaker is a tradition, much like photos of FedEx trucks, although of much longer duration.  (Look at his shirt.)  I do not know why, however.

My only question is, where is his beer?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #47 on: 7 Oct 2009, 05:43 am »

It was early in the day.... :lol:

Nuance.....
My standing next to a speaker gives the web viewer a perspective on how large or small a speaker is (I'm six feet tall)....compared to me....and a beer. :beer:

OgOgilby

« Reply #48 on: 7 Oct 2009, 04:57 pm »

Nuance.....
My standing next to a speaker gives the web viewer a perspective on how large or small a speaker is (I'm six feet tall)....compared to me....and a beer. :beer:

That could lead to the Lonewolf standard for measuring speaker heights. So the HT4's are approximately ".6 LW", etc. Maybe the width and depth could be measured in beer bottles!

OgOgilby

« Reply #49 on: 7 Oct 2009, 05:01 pm »
I am going to rush over to the "Name the "Beast/HT4" thread and suggest "Soundscape".  BRB    :D

:wink:

Nuance

« Reply #50 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:25 pm »
LOL - got it.  Thanks, lonewolf.  :)

TomS

« Reply #51 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:53 pm »

Nuance.....

That could lead to the Lonewolf standard for measuring speaker heights. So the HT4's are approximately ".6 LW", etc. Maybe the width and depth could be measured in beer bottles!
This could definitely work.  Just as a horse's height is measured in "hands".  We have one that is "16.3 hands" and another "17.1 hands" tall.  That's pretty big, by the way.

HerculePirate

« Reply #52 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:56 pm »
One thing is definite in LoneWolf's Photo's....
He needs support ... Always..

Peace Dude...

Regards
HP

mchuckp

« Reply #53 on: 8 Oct 2009, 02:43 am »
^ Gotcha.  Sorry to hear that buddy. 

I am sure the HT4's will get better exposure in a better room at the Oregon GTG this weekend.  I really wish I could attend, but my daughter's birthday is Sunday and family always comes before audio.  :)

I was hoping to make the Oregon GTG as I had planned on moving to OR from Cincinnat, OH before. Turns out me and my STRTs will be moving a week late. :( oh, my wife is joining us on the move as well. ;)

markie

« Reply #54 on: 9 Oct 2009, 03:14 pm »
One thing is definite in LoneWolf's Photo's....
He needs support ... Always..

Not just any support. He's got Sound support. :wink: