incredible but affordable speed light by Lumopro @ MPEX

drphoto

I just got my new Lumopro speed light. Wow. Built like a tank. 4 way syncing. full to 128th power, 24 to 105 zoom, metal hot locking hot shoe foot, guide number of 110 (roughly 60ws, I think) built in wide angle diffuser (to 14mm), bounce card and gel holder. plus you it has a port to use a high voltage external batter. (canon style cable)  And I already have a Dyna Jackrabbit pack and correct cable.  It even comes with 2 packs of precut roscoe gels! FX and correction. Plus a mini phono to phone cable for one sync connection.  :o

Ok, so it doesn't do TTL. That doesn't matter to me.

Way better deal than my Canon 580 EX's. $150 new, they have some demos for $130, and you can get w/ built in radio slave for $230. (I gotta half dozen radio receivers so didn't need.

I was steered toward this by David Hobby @ the Strobist blog. Dave has sorta changed my life. I used to lug around a bunch of Dynalite gear. I now shoot most of my location work with speed lights. (often w/ modifiers like umbrellas or soft boxes, but a lot direct too) the Dyna's and other assorted 'pack & head' lights stay in the studio.

Lumopro available in US only @ MPEX.com

yes, it is made in China. For good ole made in the US, for when I need more power, I'm eventually going to replace the 20 year old Dyna gear with Paul Buff Einstiens. Buff makes great stuff too, right in Nashville. I got one of their 7' semi para umbrellas for only $40 and it's way better made than the Wescott I had that was $100 & broke first time I used it!

:D

drphoto

Re: incredible but affordable speed light by Lumopro @ MPEX
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2016, 12:08 am »
BTW: I am not endorsed or compensated by MPEX, Lumopro, or Buff for my above comments. Should be maybe once they recognize my talents! :D

Just a very happy customer.

BTW: the Lumopro with external hi volt booster will recycle on full power in one sec. Incredible.