Photograph Retrieval From a Memory Card

Don_S

Photograph Retrieval From a Memory Card
« on: 13 Jan 2016, 11:00 pm »
A friend just returned from a once-in-a-lifetime trip.  She had a new camera and accidentally erased all of her pictures.  She only took one photograph after that.  Is it possible to retrieve the photos?  If so, how?  Her computer is Apple so hopefully any software recommendations will work on it.  But please recommend any Windows based software as well. 

Thanks for any help.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Photograph Retrieval From a Memory Card
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2016, 01:11 am »
When I have purchased a few of the memory cards for my devices there was a "Retrieval Tool" for just this type of  incident.  And If I had my laptop with me I give you a name.

I would check with the maker of the memory card.  Since my wife turned to just phone pictures I haven't had to use the tool :thumb:

Good Luck Alan

GentleBender

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2016, 01:28 am »
I have successfully used rescuePRO Deluxe in the past. http://www.lc-tech.com/mac/downloads/
Make sure they don't use the card until they install the software to be on the safe side. They should be able to recover the pictures if they only erased it and have not formatted it. It had been included with a SanDisk USB 3 Flash drive I recently bought from Amazon recently. The cost of the drive was less than the cost of the software. :scratch:

chip

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2016, 05:22 am »
http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-best-free-data-recovery-tools

I have used recuva in the past from the above list.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2016, 09:46 am »
A friend just returned from a once-in-a-lifetime trip.  She had a new camera and accidentally erased all of her pictures.  She only took one photograph after that.  Is it possible to retrieve the photos?  If so, how?  Her computer is Apple so hopefully any software recommendations will work on it.  But please recommend any Windows based software as well. 

Thanks for any help.
Usually together w/the camera came a CD w/a suited software.

phleeb

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2016, 04:10 pm »
Wondershare's Photo Recovery works good also.

Don_S

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2016, 05:03 pm »
Thanks,  You guys are the best.   :beer: