RMAF update

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: RMAF update
« Reply #40 on: 7 Oct 2009, 03:45 pm »
I'll add my $.02 and say that I loved my time in this room.  These speakers packed one heck of a punch - best bass and drums I heard at the show.  I can't get these speakers out of my mind - them and the $45k Vandersteens anyway (pretty good company there).

It was great to meet Danny and Dave.

Ian
Happy to meet you, too Ian.  It is a good thing to know the people on the other end of the keyboard.  All too often we don't think about the person just the words in print.  Pity, that.

Funny you should mention the Vandersteens.  They, along with the TADs, were standouts for me, too.  As you might guess my whole thing is musical reproduction: those two made music in a show that was alot about just making sound.  It amazed me to see so many VERY expensive systems set up with zero effort in creating a soundstage.  I know it is hard to do in a show setting, but good grief!  When a company goes to a show and his $250K system sounds like crap, they should have stayed home.

The other thing that I noticed is how a lot of "audiophile" speakers and systems are simply too bright.  It is easy to hype the frequency response to throw a huge soundstage, but those systems become a struggle to listen to in about 5 minutes.  The Marten speakers were a good example of this.

I digress... anyway, it was a pleasure to share music with a lot of people.  Glad you came by.  I'll have something in FedEx to you tomorrow, too.

Take care, madfloyd.

Dave

dweekie

« Reply #41 on: 7 Oct 2009, 05:29 pm »
Spent lots of time in room with the V1 Max with Danny, Gary and Dave.   The V-1 Max's do many things better than alot of speakers I have heard in recent listening.  Dynamics are huge, response was very wide with a very good sounding room with few problems after treatment.  It was a so much of a blast that the show pair of V1 Max are on their way to my house!   WOOHOO!  :-)

So when are you throwing a Super V party at your house?   :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #42 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:43 pm »
dweekie,
First I have to figure out how to get them into the audio room! 

I am thinking about something, but need to talk to my friend about his larger room.

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:46 pm »
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself on this one.

This pic reminds a quote from Bevis (Bevis and Butt Head) while watching a Tool video.

"Whoa! If I could move my hand that fast I'd never leave the house."

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #44 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:52 pm »
 :rotflmao:

This pic reminds a quote from Bevis (Bevis and Butt Head) while watching a Tool video.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #45 on: 7 Oct 2009, 08:50 pm »
Danny,

you just went up 5 points in my book.

:lol:

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #46 on: 7 Oct 2009, 09:08 pm »
So what is the story with those diffusors?

Where can we read more?

-Tony

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #47 on: 7 Oct 2009, 09:31 pm »

Do you think that Gayle loves me just for my good looks?  Maybe that is TMI.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #48 on: 7 Oct 2009, 09:35 pm »

Where can we read more?

-Tony
I just got back from a lunch meeting with my team.  We were discussing the final details in getting them to market.  They will be soon.

You will be able to read all about them in a few days (daze?).  I am working up the information sheets and use recommendations as well as final pricing.

Patience is a virtue............. one that I do not possess.  :duh:

Soon, man, soon.

Dave

Bigfish

« Reply #49 on: 7 Oct 2009, 09:52 pm »
Danny:

Would you be able to recommend any builders of panel kits for the Super V Speakers?  You have probably been asked the question many times but I have been unable to find the question/response here on AC.  I have interest in the speakers but do no posses the woodworking ability to construct the cabinets.

Thanks,

Ken

Danny Richie

« Reply #50 on: 7 Oct 2009, 09:55 pm »
Would you be able to recommend any builders of panel kits for the Super V Speakers?

See the post I just made with the title "RMAF special thanks and thoughts about the show."

dvenardos

« Reply #51 on: 8 Oct 2009, 01:28 am »
Would you be able to recommend any builders of panel kits for the Super V Speakers?

See the post I just made with the title "RMAF special thanks and thoughts about the show."

Here it is:
Also, Denny sent a beautiful pair of Super V enclosures that were on static display at the back of the room. We also had one of them in the hall way. These sold the day after the show to another show goer. This pair will be sent to Germany. Denny plans to have these available soon in flat packs and fully completed. He has a few other cabinet obligations to complete right now so it may be a little while, but these will be available.

TRADERXFAN

• GALLERY
« Reply #52 on: 5 Nov 2009, 01:37 pm »
Nothing new with that diffusor information, is there?

-Tony

Where can we read more?

-Tony
I just got back from a lunch meeting with my team.  We were discussing the final details in getting them to market.  They will be soon.

You will be able to read all about them in a few days (daze?).  I am working up the information sheets and use recommendations as well as final pricing.

Patience is a virtue............. one that I do not possess.  :duh:

Soon, man, soon.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #53 on: 5 Nov 2009, 03:52 pm »
Nothing new with that diffusor information, is there?

Actually, there is.  I have the final revision, of the final (maybe?), final pricing quotes.  It was like pulling teeth, but I finally got them, I think  :?

Whew, what a hard road getting to here.  An indecisive painter on one hand and me with bronchitis/pneumonia made for slow going.

I will post the prices tomorrow.  I'm trying to catch up for the last 2 weeks of being sickly.  In case nobody has told you: sick sucks.

Dave

TRADERXFAN

• GALLERY
« Reply #54 on: 5 Nov 2009, 07:38 pm »
Hope you feel better. I have been there with some kind of bronchitis before. You are correct, it really sucks...

-Tony

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #55 on: 5 Nov 2009, 09:05 pm »
Has anyone with CLS-9's on order from Denny heard anything at all lately? Any updates, anything?

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #56 on: 6 Nov 2009, 07:16 pm »
Other than Denny building cabinets for RMAF 2009 for Danny, not a word. I'm not sure why Danny was able to get his cabinets done before those of us who've paid for them and had them on order for 2 years haven't? Good for Danny though, he must have some pull that we don't.

And update would be nice, getting them would be better!

TomS

« Reply #57 on: 6 Nov 2009, 07:25 pm »
Other than Denny building cabinets for RMAF 2009 for Danny, not a word. I'm not sure why Danny was able to get his cabinets done before those of us who've paid for them and had them on order for 2 years haven't? Good for Danny though, he must have some pull that we don't.

And update would be nice, getting them would be better!
I think Danny's RMAF 2009 V-1's actually came from Colorado.

arthurs

« Reply #58 on: 6 Nov 2009, 07:41 pm »
quote author=TomS I think Danny's RMAF 2009 V-1's actually came from Colorado.

Quote from: Danny on  7 Oct 2009, 04:47 PM
Denny sent a beautiful pair of Super V enclosures that were on static display at the back of the room. We also had one of them in the hall way.[/b] These sold the day after the show to another show goer. This pair will be sent to Germany. Denny plans to have these available soon in flat packs and fully completed. He has a few other cabinet obligations to complete right now so it may be a little while, but these will be available.

Danny Richie

« Reply #59 on: 6 Nov 2009, 07:55 pm »
Denny wanted to be able to knock out some flat packs to keep his machine running while he worked on other projects. The first thing that he had to do though was build one pair out to make sure all was cut right and fit properly. So I was able to get that one pair from him.