Peachtree Audio Nova

tasar

Re: Peachtree Audio Nova
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jan 2010, 01:32 am »
Danny and all, here is from the Peachtree site:

"Even cheap transports and high jitter sources like Sonos, computers and iPods now sound great because the iDecco thinks they're all high-end digital transports!  The iDecco can deliver an astounding 118 dB signal to noise ratio, greatly extending dynamic range and your overall music experience with virtually all digital sources. 

Each digital input is transformer-coupled so noise associated with ground problems and switching power supplies from computers is eliminated. The USB connection is galvanically isolated, eliminating noise generated by your computer's switching power supply and greatly improving sound quality. "

So it begs the question Danny......how does that MacMini sound thru the Sabre Dac that all these Peachtree units have ? I read the Sabre they implement is not the "reference series" board and the output is riddled with "op amps".....not exactly Tranquility quality, but one should admire their "all in one" solution. It's products like these that wow the unknowing, and create the unexpected consequences.....better listening.

mfeust

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2010, 01:54 am »
Hi Danny, Funny, I just picked up a Nova at Listen Up to demo until Friday. So far I like what I'm hearing.

Oh and thanks for the quick shipping of my Neo 2 kit. It was just delivered 30 minutes ago. Looking forward to putting everything together.

Thanks again.

stevecuss

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2010, 11:29 pm »
Danny,

I came away from RMAF very impressed by the Nova.  I helped a friend connect his refurb decco last month and I thought it was very cool. 

So, I'd vote yes to dealership because they are claiming to have a DAC/Tube Pre combo coming out and I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone isn't jumping on that bus!  Surely it is the future?  Tube preamp with quality built in dac and remote controlled.  Seems that more companies should be thinking this way.

loc4me

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2010, 03:16 am »
I have the first generation Decco and I loved it when I first got it. All the talk of how much better the Decco2 and Nova is has me itching to upgrade though. I might move the Decco to my office setup or sell it. I'm not sure yet.

Danny, I think it is a worthwhile product to carry. It appears that everyone who orders one is super pleased. I dont think you can go wrong.

I spoke with the PeachTree team at CES and they have several new products in the work. The one that a lot of peole have been asking about (Nova Pre/Dac only), is in the works for mid 2010 and I believe they are calling it the iDac or something. It is the same DAC chip as the current Decco/Nova but no tube pre-amp. They also talked about another one (which I am really interested in) that has a better DAC chip than the Nova, 9016 or something, and has the tubed pre. I think they called is the Master Pre.

I am debating about getting the Nova or waiting for the Master Pre. I dont really need the amp section as I would like to get a pair of Odyssey Monos.

audioferret

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jan 2010, 03:50 am »
I must add that I am really loving mine.  Probably the most unappreciated feature of this is its "Swiss Army Knife" capabilities.  It is the "ultimate benchmark" system.  The Switching DAC lets you test different sources against each other.  The Pre-Out lets you compare different amps.  The Direct HT bypass lets you use it to compare Preamps.  The line outs lets you compare it against other integrated or separates combos.   The two sets of speaker binding posts lets you...oh - wait; it doesn't have two sets of speaker binding posts.  My only complaint is the inability to A/B speakers.  If it just had a switchable A/B set of speaker binding posts, it would be perfect.  I would kill for two sets of speaker binding posts...

audioferret

« Reply #26 on: 22 Jan 2010, 03:53 am »
Oh, and the total kicker:

If you add a Sonos, the "Line Out" of the Nova can be plugged into the "Line In" of the Sonos, letting you pipe whatever you have plugged into the Nova to anywhere in the house that you place a second Sonos.  Add a Tuner and a Turntable and you can see the possibilities. Whole-House Audio distribution for all of your toys!

I don't have a Sonos yet, but I will.

mikeb

« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2010, 07:59 pm »
Danny,

I'm very interested. I personally don't like the guesswork of knowing whether the components I pick and choose will actually jell together when I get them home. Did you listen to the internal amp or just the DAC/Pre section. If so what were your impressions of the amp section?

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 24 Jan 2010, 08:58 pm »
I listened to the unit as a whole only, and not only the DAC, or only the Amp, or only the pre-amp. My overall impressions were that it was an outstanding value.

And I did decide to pick up the line. I will start by stocking the Nova's and may add more of their products later.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jan 2010, 09:01 pm »
I listened to the unit as a whole only, and not only the DAC, or only the Amp, or only the pre-amp. My overall impressions were that it was an outstanding value.

And I did decide to pick up the line. I will start by stocking the Nova's and may add more of their products later.

So now you like it more then the buffer?   :duh:

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 24 Jan 2010, 09:08 pm »
So now you like it more then the buffer?

I don't think it is quite to the level of the Dodd buffer, amps, and separate top level DAC. But then again this whole thing is only $1,199.

I did notice that a high quality power cable took it up a considerable level. I also noticed that it needed a lot of burn in time. Right out of the box, I was not a fan. I'd say it too a good 200 hours or so to really open up and settle in.

mca

« Reply #31 on: 24 Jan 2010, 10:14 pm »
What power cord did you find works best with it?

face

« Reply #32 on: 24 Jan 2010, 10:20 pm »
I found SignalCable's Digital Reference to be a nice improvement top to bottom.

Danny Richie

« Reply #33 on: 24 Jan 2010, 10:21 pm »
I used an Electra Cable B-7: http://www.electracable.com/powercables.htm

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #34 on: 24 Jan 2010, 10:41 pm »
I used an Electra Cable B-7: http://www.electracable.com/powercables.htm

Danny, is it true that the Electra power cords come terminated with the Oyaide 046 plugs(palladium-over-gold)? IF this is the case and considering the price of the Oyaide's, it makes this cable 1 hell of a value for the money IMHO.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

OzarkTom

« Reply #35 on: 30 Jan 2010, 02:47 am »
A new pre-view of the IDecco just came out from 6Moons. David Solomon told me on the phone that it sounds just like the Nova with a lower powered amp section. That is the one I may get.

roscoeiii

« Reply #36 on: 30 Jan 2010, 02:52 am »
Yes, I believe that the DAC board and pre section are the same. Less power, and a few less inputs IIRC?

Occam

« Reply #37 on: 30 Jan 2010, 03:17 am »

Danny, is it true that the Electra power cords come terminated with the Oyaide 046 plugs(palladium-over-gold)? IF this is the case and considering the price of the Oyaide's, it makes this cable 1 hell of a value for the money IMHO.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

No, they are Chinese knockoffs of Oyaides. Electra Cable has recently become aware of this and subsequently ceased calling them Oyaides on their website. Good on 'em....

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #38 on: 30 Jan 2010, 03:38 am »
I agree the Nova is good for the money if you use many of its capacities.  Since I'm really only using it for preamp duties, I'm kind of shopping around.  It's good as a preamp, and very nice in terms of convenience of switching, tube on/off, volume control, aesthetics, etc., but I'm looking toward one of the new high quality DAC's and a really good quality preamp separate to go to the next level.  Maybe a battery powered Dodd buffer preamp and a Tranquility.  What do you guys think?

If I do move up, I don't think I'll sell the Nova unless absolutely financially necessary.  It will make a great second system/room all in one device.

Just my two cents,
Ben
I think your two cents make plenty of sense and I can whole heartedly recommend the Dodd buffer.  It is absolutely the best preamp (like device) that I have EVER owned... and that is a bunch. Silent and transparent don't even begin to tell the story. :green:

Dave