Who listens to their desk top system more than their main system?

Danny Richie

I spend more time working at my desk than in front of my main system, and I bet I am not the only one.

If you're like me then I have something for you. Check out this new kit: http://gr-research.com/lgk10kit.aspx

And Check out Ben Daniel's pair.

« Last Edit: 1 May 2014, 05:53 pm by Danny Richie »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I use the AudioEngine A2's.  How would these be an advantage?  What do you power them with?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
I spend more time working at my desk than in front of my main system, and I bet I am not the only one.

If you're like me then I have something for you. Check out this new kit: http://gr-research.com/lgk10kit.aspx

And Check out Mike Lundy's pair.

I do listen to my desktop system a lot more than either my main system with N3TLs or my secondary X-LS Encores combined.

However, those are Ben's speakers. I just received the veneer for my LGKs yesterday.

I'm still amazed with these little speakers every time I listen to them even if the are just playing background music while I'm working.

Mike

Danny Richie

Oh, I thought that was your pair Mike. I'll have to edit that to give Ben the credit on that pair.

Good looking too.  :thumb:

StevensSound

Neat speakers Danny!
I too spend more time at my desk. Lately I've been sending audio wirelessly to my main system in the other room. With the doors open, still sounds great. Kind of like admiring a live band at a party from the other room.

Dig those speakers sitting on that chest!

Ed VB

I had my AudioEngine A5's for quite a while. I got them at 1/2 price and use them in our office. They sound pretty good to me.

Still waiting for my Otica kit to be finished in design and parts available by Danny :wink:

Danny Richie

I use the AudioEngine A2's.  How would these be an advantage?  What do you power them with?

Better sound quality.

You can power them with just about anything from tube amps to chip amps.

emac

For me, I use my desktop system more than I use either my TV/HT set up or my listening room setup.  But I listen in my car more than any of the three. 

oldman45

It's true.  I spend 99.9 percent of my time in front of my PC.  Those speakers look interesting.  I would be interested in trying them, except that I already have these that I picked up for free.  They are serving me very well.

JBL 4411

cody69

I spend the majority of my time at a workbench accompanied by a pair of X-LSs and GR subs.
But I'm also spending quite a lot of time at the desk, so I built a pair of LGKs -- very sweet and
most deserving of their name.

Beardy

Possibly too soon...
but anyone onsidered an active version?
The most obvious would be something with a small chip amp to fill the role that these other Audioengine/Emotiva/... powered speakers play of being able to be plugged into a PC for near field listening.

Or something more esoteric with a small tube amp kit on the top(??)
just curous