SteveSatch

Not what you want to get delivered
« on: 5 Dec 2015, 02:00 am »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Not what you want to get delivered
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2015, 02:30 am »
Holy spit, Steve!

Were they insured? I'm guessing inadequate cushioning/packaging with gorilla handlers thrown in for good measure were the culprits (based on my recent amplifier shipping experience).

I hope this works out well for you.

Michael

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2015, 03:10 am »
Shame to see that.  When I bought Norh gear quite a while back, it came in pretty much bulletproof custom foam packing.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 5 Dec 2015, 04:10 am »
When I bought Norh gear quite a while back, it came in pretty much bulletproof custom foam packing.

According to the eBay listing they were "in their original, protective foam packaging".   :scratch:

SteveSatch

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2015, 04:37 am »
These weren't the ebay listing marble ones.  These were some others.I hope to get my money back.  We'll see.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2015, 02:43 pm »
Humpty dumpty Batman! A nightmare none of us wants to experience.

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 5 Dec 2015, 03:58 pm »
Always been a little wary of eBay.  Not that every seller is bad it's just that it's got a lot of people who are not as much into the hobby vs. a place like this or Audiogon or US Audio Mart.  Many moons ago (like about 15 years - since then I only bought a tuner about 5 years back on eBay and have not used it for anything), I bought an LD player that was packed lousy. In addition the buy indicated it included an RF demodulator (however neglecting to mention it was proprietary to a Parasound preamp and wouldn't work with anything else).  eBay was no help and the guy would hide when his own shipping agent (a national hardware chain) would come to his door where he lived (they told me when I called them up).  After many months, the hardware chain HQ agreed to pay for the repair.  Just a lot of people on eBay who are not knowledgeable about what they are selling and what it takes to pack some things.

SteveSatch

« Reply #7 on: 5 Dec 2015, 05:29 pm »
They were not from an ebay ad.  It was an ad on this site.  I have a bad feeling about this.  Two of five speakers completely smashed and other two with ruined grills. Handmade speakers from Thailand that aren't even made anymore aren't replaceable if I got my money back.  I think the odds of getting my money back aren't very good either.  All I can do is hope.