Norh 4.0 CrossOver Schematic

tkp

Norh 4.0 CrossOver Schematic
« on: 6 Aug 2012, 07:00 pm »
Does anyone happen to have the schematic of the nOrh 4.0 crossover?

Thanks,
TKP

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Norh 4.0 CrossOver Schematic
« Reply #1 on: 9 Aug 2012, 04:33 am »
working on it...

tkp

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2012, 04:10 pm »
JPQ,

Greatly appreciate for looking into this.

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2012, 04:33 pm »
This is the crossover for the 4, 5 and 5.5  I can email you a crisp copy if you pm me

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2012, 02:58 am »
tkp what are you planning for your 4.0s?

tkp

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm »
JQP,

PM sent with my personel email address so you can send me the crisp copy directly.

Well, I love the size of the nOrh 4.0 and the marble speakers are special in my book.  To me, there probably will never be a marble speakers like nOrh horn shape because of the wasted material to make them.  There are rectangular shape marble speakers out there but they are not in the same leage as the nOrh ones.

I plan to keep them forever if I can help it and they will out last me :-).  With that, I plan to make them sound as good as possible (within reasonable cost of course) so the first thing is to upgrade the crossover parts. 

Don't get me wrong, the crossover part quality for nOrh 4.0 is already exceptional for the price of the speakers but not in the same class as top end speaker such as the 9.0 and even the 9.0 is not at the very top end either (foil inductor is one of them).

The second thing I can do is to play with active crossover them but this will probably comes later.

Greatly appreciate for getting this.  I was about to give up hope when you posted this.

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2012, 03:11 am »
my initial email to nOrh went unanswered, but I got mbarnes to send it again from his home in the US - that got the results.