more on the Super V grills

skenderbeu

more on the Super V grills
« on: 16 Dec 2012, 08:06 pm »
I figure  Randall will never build the grills for my speakers .  I was nothing but fair and patient with him but enough is enough. I trusted him with the speakers build only because he was referred to me by Danny. Hopefully we both(Danny and I ) learned something although my lesson didn't come cheap.

Moving on I guess.I have no skill or time to be able to build the grills so I am hoping to find some one here to help me out. There are no magnets in the boxes so I will need to figure out how to install as well. Please let me know if anyone can help and also quote me  a price for your work.

This are the speakers.    http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=107244.msg1100094#msg1100094
Best

A.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: more on the Super V grills
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2012, 08:24 pm »
Where are you?  I'd be willing to help, but would need either the speakers here or some very accurate templates. As far as the magnets go, I can't see any way to conceal now that veneer is on...might be easier to use grill clips. I have ideas but would be hard to implement long over distance.

skenderbeu

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2012, 08:37 pm »
Hi and thanks ,

I am in the DC area. What can I do to help to make this happen ?

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2012, 09:06 pm »
Well, we're far apart, I'm in Idaho, not ideal.

Here's what I'd be willing to do; If you can make accurate templates (patterns) for the grills you want I can make them and send to you. You'd be on your own for making the patterns and subsequent installation, I can put whatever attaching hardware you fancy on grills.

In all honesty, I think you'd be better served by approaching a local shop to do this for you...it's not difficult work for a decent cabinetmaker.