Holistic omni's

harley52

Holistic omni's
« on: 4 Dec 2012, 06:18 pm »
Are the Holistic H1's being made any longer? With the fine review it got I'd think they would be building these in large amounts.
But they may have decided that it easier and more profitable to build the costly H3's.
 Thanks

Danny Richie

Re: Holistic omni's
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2012, 06:50 pm »
Are the Holistic H1's being made any longer? With the fine review it got I'd think they would be building these in large amounts.
But they may have decided that it easier and more profitable to build the costly H3's.
 Thanks

You are asking about some other companies product.

I am sure that if they were moving any of them then they'd still be making them.

We offer three different Omni style kits that have been available for a while now. Performance of those kits has been great, but the look as been a tough sell. I am sure that company has faced that issue as well.

harley52

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2012, 11:17 pm »
Danny

I posted it here 'cause I think I'll get a true/better explanation. Sometimes I forget about the look of the speakers, as long as they aren't butt ugly I can stand it. But sometimes people have to have very good looks for whatever reason. I know I'm not gonna go back to black components and no remote. I lived that and once was enough. :nono:

I've been unable to decide if I want to try out Von Schweikert vr22's, they can be placed near the front wall and still get good bass and a wide listening area without as much beaming as many speakers. Ty's Decade MM5's, that you Danny have had a hand in and  a pr. of Ohm's.Or your omni's that someone would be willing to build at a price that would make the builder and I happy.

ebag4

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2012, 11:27 pm »
Here is a pair that were for sale a while back, may still be for sale:

here is a link to the sale thread:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77887.0

Best,
Ed

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm »
Here is a pair that were for sale a while back, may still be for sale:

Those speakers are no longer for sale. I bought them.  8)

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 4 Dec 2012, 11:47 pm »
I posted it here 'cause I think I'll get a true/better explanation.

That is understandable.

Ty's Decade MM5's, that you Danny have had a hand in

I designed the drivers that are used in that speaker but nothing else.

For the rest of the Decade line I designed everything from cabinet designs with minimized surface reflections to the complete crossover design.

The MM5's look to have a LOT of surface area around the tweeter, and I have no idea who did the crossover design. Previous models of Ty's have a Leap software calculated crossover design. Those may have as well. 

Or your omni's that someone would be willing to build at a price that would make the builder and I happy.

There are a handful of guys willing to build cabinets for you. And kit prices start out with the X-Omni at only $169 a pair.