V-1 Bass Section

ebag4

V-1 Bass Section
« on: 21 Jan 2010, 06:20 pm »
I am working on a V-1 build and I have a question about the bass section connections.  I would like to go ahead and purchase the connectors needed for the bass section unbilical, unfortunately I have not seen a wirig diagram so I am uncertain whether each driver pair uses a single pair of wires for the servo or if each driver in the pair gets a seperate servo connection.  One scenario would require a 6 wire umbilical, the other would require a 4 wire umbilical.  Any recommendation as to a decent connector would be appreciated as well.

Best,
Ed

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Re: V-1 Bass Section
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2010, 06:35 pm »
Depends if you want to run separate wires for each driver, or one set (+/- servo and +/- speaker =4 individual wires) and then route them between the 2 drivers (for one side)...

I chose to run one set up to the cabinet, then wire it between the 2 drivers.
I used 4 pole speakon connectors from parts express, and bought a custom length "pro" cable for it. I have the amps close to my electonics, and run cable to the drivers. So it was a clean way to run wiring for mine, but a bit pricey.

ebag4

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2010, 06:38 pm »
Depends if you want to run separate wires for each driver, or one set (+/- servo and +/- speaker =4 individual wires) and then route them between the 2 drivers...

I used 4 pole speakon connectors from parts express, and bought a custom length "pro" cable for it. I have the amps close to my electonics, and run cable to the drivers. So it was a clean way to run wiring for mine, but a bit pricey.
Thanks for the reply.  Per your comment I can use a single pair for the feedback, that is what I was unsure of.  I will simply parallel the drivers at the speakers and run two pair of cables.

Thanks again,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2010, 06:41 pm »
A 4 wire SpeakOn male and female connectors come with the kit.  :green:

ebag4

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2010, 06:43 pm »
A 4 wire SpeakOn male and female connectors come with the kit.  :green:
Thanks for that bit of info Danny!  I was just looking on PE to order a set.

Best,
Ed