Forward-facing Force subwoofers

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
Forward-facing Force subwoofers
« on: 7 Dec 2004, 03:52 pm »
Is there any reason I couldn't turn my Force subs on their side/end and use them as forward-facing rather than down-firing subs?

Would this affect the drivers adversely over time (if they are specifically designed for down-firing)?

Are the subs specifically tuned or equalized internally for a down-firing placement?

My wife's plans for the family room may mandate that subs get built into cabinet (requiring forward-facing placement) or be moved to the rear of the room (though I prefer to keep them up front by the mains).

Thanks.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Forward-facing Force subwoofers
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2004, 09:57 pm »
Quote from: krikor
Is there any reason I couldn't turn my Force subs on their side/end and use them as forward-facing rather than down-firing subs?

Would this affect the drivers adversely over time (if they are specifically designed for down-firing)?

Are the subs specifically tuned or equalized internally for a down-firing placement?

My wife's plans for the family room may mandate that subs get built into cabinet (requiring forward-facing placement) or be moved to the rear of the room (though I prefer to keep them up front by the mains).

Thanks.

No problem. The Force is also sold as a custom sub for in cabinet or in wall mounting as a forward facing sub. It works just as well!