Is 100 Hz too high to cross over Emeralds?

mcp

« on: 3 Dec 2004, 06:12 pm »
I was thinking about buying a pair of Emeralds and a Force sub. Problem is, I'm currently using a Panny digital reciever that has a 100 Hz crossover (no 80 Hz option). Room isn't big (17 X 13 X 8). Do you think the 100 Hz crossover will be a huge problem? This is for music only--no HT.

Harry P

« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2004, 01:14 am »
You-should be able to get it to work fine. I prefer a lower crossover point, but as long as you position the sub right and adjust the sub right it should sound great.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Is 100 Hz too high to cross over Emeralds?
« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2004, 02:05 pm »
Quote from: mcp
I was thinking about buying a pair of Emeralds and a Force sub. Problem is, I'm currently using a Panny digital reciever that has a 100 Hz crossover (no 80 Hz option). Room isn't big (17 X 13 X 8). Do you think the 100 Hz crossover will be a huge problem? This is for music only--no HT.

Crossover points well above 100Hz are common for HTIB systems etc. With the Force placed correctly and dialed in, 100hz is good. A higher crossover point makes placement and adjustment more critical. If for example you have the sub level set too high it will become easy to locate the sub as the source of the bass. You'll just have to be more diligent in doing the setup. The manual and the setup CD will help you out with this. Thanks for asking!